Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Nutcracker!




Okay, so I have totally been lagging, but I really want to get updated for all of my far away family and friends! So, sorry, I know Christmas was last month but oh well! I am going to start with one of my proudest MOMMY moments.

THE NUTCRACKER!


Olivia and Sophie have been working all year in ballet to be in the Nutcracker that their dance studio puts on every year. This was our first year in their ballet program and I was very impressed with how professionally it was done. Cheers to Dance Studio 84! This was Olivia's first year in dance since kindergarten and Sophie was finally old enough to add a ballet class in their program.

Well, Olivia was a big part of the opening scene for act 2 and Sophie was a snow tree (as all first years are). They were incredible. I am so proud of them. I know, I am cheesy but I had tears in my eyes the whole time they were on stage! They did great, all the hard work paid off. There was attendance rules for the year, and plenty of extra practices and rehearsals as the weekend drew closer. I am actually sad I never went to a performance before this year, it was a great way to start the holiday season. Isabella sat and watched with amazement for the whole performance.
Grandma, Grandpa, and some of the Morris clan all came to see. Both of them had school teachers come and watch too which I thought was great. We are already looking forward to next year, it is now January and they are still dancing around the house!

3 comments:

Raimi said...

Your girls are darling! Dance lessons & peformances are two things I will REALLY miss with a house full of boys!

Raimi

Mandy said...

I can't wait until my girls take dance!!! SO DARLING!

Send me an email at mrsmbmATgmailDOTcom and I'll let you know more about blog banners!

Thanks!

Mandy said...

(I don't have your email address...that's why I need you to email me.) ;)