Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter Sunday

I was a bit worried about 9am church, getting the kids breakfast, finding all of the eggs, me being ready for my lesson, and enjoying the morning without being late for church. I have to say the morning went great! We just told the kids they everyone had to be completely ready for church by 8 so we could go see what the Easter Bunny brought and search for eggs. It ended up being a relaxing morning. We had plenty of time to look throught he baskets, take pictures, have breakfast, and get to church on time! YEA! All the kids loved searching for eggs, Ian was mad when I was taking them out of HIS basket to put them in the fridge. Can you say egg salad sandwichs for lunch! Isabella was still sick so Stan and I stayed home with her in shifts. He went with the kids to Sacrament meeting and came home and I went for the second two hours so that I could teach my young women. Bella remained on the couch, Queen of the remote control. Good for her that everyone got a new dvd in their basket so she had plenty to watch. We had Enchanted, Nancy Drew, Barbie as Mariposa, and The Bee Movie. It made being sick a little less miserable for her.


I think my lesson went well. At the end I shared the story of Philip and the Easter Egg. I love that story it is so sweet. If you haven't heard it let me know, I'll pass on the link. You can find it on http://www.lds.org/. My girls were happy with my way good sugar cookies too. You know how sometimes you make cookies and they are okay but other times they are great. These were mouth watering! Yumo!


Dinner was delicious. We got together with the family. Ham, steamed carrots, spinach salad, scallop potatoes, homemade french bread. We had yummy hot artichoke dip for an appetizer. Desert was great too. My Mom made a bunny cake for the kids and Kim made a yummy peach cake, so good!
By the way, thank you Grandma Utah for Sophie and Isabella's Easter dresses. Sophie looked adorable. Hopefully Isabella will be wearing hers next week. We'll post a picture then.
This was Bella's spot for most of Easter Sunday. Her and her barbie, Mariposa, just hung out.

2 comments:

The Marsden 6 said...

Everyone looked so cute! Ian Boy's basket is as big as he is! Is Bella feeling better?

KickButtMommy said...

What a great day! The kids look so great.