Who doesn't love a spring day? I love so many things about spring. Right now in my refrigerator I have fresh strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, grapes, cantaloupe, ooh I love summer food, and so do my kids. I can't keep it well enough stocked. Olivia eats strawberries and kiwi like she is afraid she will never see them again. Isabella will eat a bag of grapes in a day and Sophie will down a whole cantaloupe, and then there is Ian that won't eat fruit. Ugh! I love it all especially the blueberries in my oatmeal everyday! I love the flowers in the springtime! We have already made one trip to the nursery and have started planting. You have to flowers in your yard in the spring.
What I love the most now days is seeing my kids with spring fever. They all just want to be outside! Ian is going crazy over bubbles, the sprinklers have already been on and today they actually got in the freezing cold pool. That didn't last long. I love their imagination. Oliva and Abby (her cousin) decided they wanted to make a zip line. They found Stan's big extention cord (thus the name extension invention) and tied it all the way across our front yard between two trees. They had put a hoola hoop on it and went and got the ladder. They attempted to sit in the hoola hoop and ride it across. they didn't have it tied tight enough so they didn't quite make it all the way across but they had fun trying.

These are some pictures of Stan's latest project. He was given all of the wood and parts, but no instructions or pictures and this is what he came up with. Pretty cool, huh. the chalkboard was totally his idea, and the kids love it. There is a climbing wall on the backside that you can't see. The flowers in the window box were my contribution. Abby and Olivia hung out there for a long time today. They are definitely enjoying it. Now that spring is here we need to lay the sod, and their new playground will be ready to go.
I love this picture of Olivia and Abby. One of the teachers at school has said that she has never seen two kids be better friends and how sweet they are together. I am thankful for their friendship and how close we live to them so they have the oppurtunities they have to be so close. They truly are best friends!
7 comments:
Great post and I love, love, love the swing set. I need to have Jordan make Allie one!
However, there are no swings. It came with monkey bars and three swings but we opted not to put them up because of space and we are going to put our teeter totter next to the slide.
Great pictures! I love the playset!
Good job Stan!
The girls are too cute! Yay for lots of days to come of playing outside!
Hey Kerrie,
How are you?? Your kids are so cute! We are in Texas by Houston.
Are you in California still?
Good to hear from you, it has been a long time.
hooray for playing outside... bring on the sunshine!!
such cute girls. seriously.
Post a Comment