Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Caught choosing the right!

On Sunday in our primary opening exercises they highlight a child. In the past it has been a getting to know you thing. This year they asked each parent to write about a time when their child chose the right. That was so easy to do for Sophie. This past Sunday, Sophie was caught "choosing the right"! She was so pleased to be in the spotlight and this is the story that was shared.


So I love being room mom for Sophie's class. It is so fun to be a part of her school experience and get to be there with her for so many of the fun activities. I was throwing a Halloween party for the class so was there helping all the kids with a bunch of different activities. At one of the stations if you finished early you could go to the carpet and play games with your friends. Sophie had a game going with three of her little girl friends having a great time. A little boy, Cameron, finished last and by the time he got to the carpet everyone was already involved in their games with their friends. He simply said, "I don't have anyone to play with.". Sophie didn't even have to think, in the middle of her turn she stood up and said Cameron I'd love to play with you. Cameron smiled and the two of them played together until time was up. Sophie probably doesn't know but I was watching and it put tears in my eyes (I really started to cry!) to see what a selfless act that was to help a friend at school so that they would not be excluded. I was so proud of her.She didn't think twice. Sophie is a good friend who thinks of others and their feelings and is always willing to help. Sophie's Dad and I are so proud of the person she is and her willingness to choose the right!

On the same day the primary president and my friend, Sharon, came to talk to me about my Isabella. I guess her teacher has been having a real hard time with her. If you know my Bella you know she doesn't ever stop making noise unless she is asleep. She always has something to say and if she doesn't she'll just sing. She really never ever stops! This was after she had a play date at a friends house Friday and called her friends dad a bad name! Who does that? Okay, it sounds worse than it was because all the kids were playing with the dad and calling him names, like Popsicle.... Bella didn't call him Popsicle, that is all I'll say. I wanted to die! We had a long talk when she got home and she did a great job calling and apologizing and I don't think that will happen again. Sunday I was so sad that it was my kid having the problem so I took the initiative to talk to her teacher after church. She went on and on saying what a perfect angel she was! I guess last week was a bad week and this week she was perfect. She was even caught being reverent (another thing they do during sharing time at the end)! What a relief! I hope last Sunday was just a bad one and she has many more perfect days to come!

3 comments:

Kris, Andrea, Lacey, Mia, and Kannon said...

everyone has those days, At least Bella wasn't being naughty... just a happy fun and sometimes loud kid.

The Marsden 6 said...

Way to go Sophie, what a nice girl! And who couldn't love Bella, even on a loud day. I could listen to her talk forever, I love that little voice!

Anonymous said...

Love your cute blog & it's fun to see your family!