JAMES AND TAYLOR GOT MARRIED!
Friday, May 2, 2008 my cousin James Brinkerhoff married the women of his dreams, Taylor!They both looked so happy and I was so happy to have been there to celebrate with them!
They got sealed for time and all eternity in the Denver, Colorado Temple. We then went to a great luncheon hosted by my Aunt Julie and had a great time visiting with family and got to know Taylor and her parents a bit better. That night the reception was held at a beautiful lodge nestled in the Colorado Rockies right on a lake, it was gorgeous. Ok, for the first time I found a place I could see myself living other than So Cal! I loved Denver. I had to take a picture of the cake because to be quite honest when I heard their colors were red and yellow McDonald's was the first thing that came to my mind, however, it was stunning! I loved the red roses and sunflowers together. Who would have thought? They also had the letter "B" everywhere, it was very cool. They did a beautiful job with decor and I was way impressed by their photographer that they flew in from Provo. That lucky couple has some amazing pictures to remember the day! Their was dinner and dancing and lots of visiting it was fun!
A cute picture of my cousin Samantha outside the temple.
Aunt Jeanette, Aunt Vera, Kim, Mom, Samantha, Me, Nicole, Aunt Julie, Aunt Kristie, and Carol hanging out at the reception.We all traveled from San Jose and Valencia. This was after the boys had left the reception, hello...... The Dodgers were in town playing the Colorado Rockies! Dad, Rod, and Uncle Tom took off as soon as they could to go sit in a freezing cold stadium the rest of the night. Did I say it was freezing and snowing while we were there. Silly me I thought it was May.
Well that was Friday. We flew in Friday. My Mom and Dad, Kim, Rod and Abby, and myself, all on different airlines at different times. How crazy is that? I go there about the same time as the Morris' so drove in from the airport with them. We went and had a great lunch at The Grand Lux Cafe, hello look at my lunch! I had to take a picture!
It took up half of the table. It was so good, I am happy because come to find out we have one here at the Beverly Center. I am so going to have to take Stan. Yummy deserts too! You order them with your dinner because they are baked while you eat and come out gooey and hot and delicious! We shared this one between the four of us! You have to love Molten chocolate cake!
Skip to Saturday, we flew out that afternoon but not before trying to squeeze in some sight seeing. We went and found one of Rachel Rays favorite restaurants in Denver, Parisi. It was delish! The best pizza I think I have ever had. It was in an interesting part of town and a street filled with antique and consignment shops, we had fun walking around after with my Aunt Julie, Nicole, and Samantha.
We then went downtown to try and get a tour of the Denver Mint, it was closed. What do you mean government workers don't work on Saturdays? We did walk through the crowds of the cinqo de Mayo festival that was going on to the capital building. I guess if you go to Denver you need this picture! Here is my Mom and Dad one mile above sea level!
Me , one mile above sea level! I was so thankful to Stan for staying home (only if he could have been there when I joined the mile high club) and hangin' with the munchkins so I could go and enjoy my cousins wedding. I married a good man, better than I could have hoped for! I missed my man and my babies!
6 comments:
What a fun trip! We wish we could have been there! Man that food looks so yummy!
What a wonderful time. I love weddings and any reason to get together with family!
Girlfriend you should've contacted me before you came out I would've loved to have seen you. (Although I know you were super busy with family.) And, yes Denver and Colorado in general is beautiful so now can you see why we moved here? Even with snow in May??? As you noticed it doesn't last long, but gives you something to talk about. Congrats. to the happy couple!
Looks like fun. Too bad we couldn't have all been there! Congrats to James and Taylor, now that they are married we need to get them blogging!
I thought the "mile high club" had a different meaning. Oh well... guess I'm a member now!
MOM
Looks like you had a blast. Stan IS a good man for staying home with the kids and let you go away. Hopefully Reed takes after Stan in that regard.
Post a Comment