Tuesday, July 29, 2008

the price IS right!



I had never gone to The Price is Right before yesterday. I love going to tapings, winning stuff,HELLO, we had awesome luck on the Family Feud, but never The Price is Right. Some friends from church, the Aldridge's, had a group ticket which guarantees seats in the studio and you don't have to spend ten hours in line, you just have to be there by 9am for a 1:00 taping. Anyway Stan stayed home with the kids so I could go try out my luck there. So sad, I didn't get picked, however Daniel Van Daventer, Andrea's brother, did!

PONTIAC SOLSTICE

$10,000


MACBOOK AIR
Yes, those are the things he came home with. He won when said and done over $37,000! How crazy is that? When Andrea told me he was going I knew he would be picked he is the most charismatic kid and so funny! I am so going back! It is a lot of waiting in line but when you are hanging out with friends and kid free in nice weather under the shade you can't complain that much, and look what could happen to you! And Drew Carey is awesome, it was easy hanging out listening to him for an hour. He totally chats with the audience during all of the commercial breaks, he is so dang funny! So if you want to see Dan the episode airs on September 22, 2008, he is the kid in the BYU-IDAHO shirt winning!

10 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

That is beyond cool! I would have loved to be there! Darn kids.

Cate said...

I wish I was there. Tell Daniel congrats and I'm green with envy!

Kris, Andrea, Lacey, Mia, and Kannon said...

WOO HOO! it's so cool! love your post!

TheKeilShpeel said...

I think that is soo cool. I wish I could have gone.

Living on love. said...

IM SO JEALOUS! How exciting. You guys do so many fun things like that!

The Marsden 6 said...

I think we all would have put money down that Dan would get picked! How fun, I lived in SoCal how long and never did do that, we need to go one of these times that I don't have a nursing baby attached to me!!!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Talk about a fun day! I wish we could have gone!!

Emily and David said...

How fun! I will have to try to watch that day and look for you guys in the audience!

Emily and David said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara said...

I always wanted to be on that show but Chad never wanted to wait in line with me. That is so great about Andrea's brother!