Wednesday, August 13, 2008

We are back in school!

Is the summer over already? I have been dreading school. I love summer, I love hanging out with my kids, and I love waking up when ever I feel like it! My kids were gone all day and my alarm went off at 6am! Ugh! Actually after yesterday, my kids were at each other throats all day, I decided school was a good thing and I was ready to send them off for the day! So this morning it was back to waking up before any of us were ready, brushing hair(we don't do that during the summer because we eventually just get in the pool), eating breakfast at a normal breakfast hour, fixing lunches, and saying family prayer all before 8am!




Olivia decided yesterday instead of walking over to the school to see who her teacher would be and which friends would be in her class that she wanted to be surprised! So I told her which classroom she was in and she walked to school this morning to find her teacher was Dr. Porter(we are so excited!) and that no, Abby wasn't in her class but lots of friends were. She was as happy as could be to be going to school in her Joe Jonas t-shirt and seeing her friends. She also found out that she is officially in the gate program this year. She got the biggest smile on her face when I told her, I think she was really proud of herself and that makes me happy. I am proud of her!
My little fashinista, Sophie, couldn't wait to get back. She is such a social butterfly! She loves planning what she is going to wear down to her necklace and bracelet. She was probably my most nervous, she didn't know anything about her teacher. Unfortunately I do and am a bit worried about the year. As long as she loves her and is happy I guess we are good to go and today she came home as happy as could be. She went on and on about how nice her teacher was. She has good friends in her class too. I think she is in for a good year!Well, my Isabella Bug is officially a kindergartner! I miss her already. I love having Bella around, she is always happy, and loves going anywhere with me. She is so easy to take places and is so good to her brother. Ian is going to miss her being home in the mornings. She was so happy to go to school today. She met her teacher last night at our kindergarten ice cream social(that didn't have any ice cream, our principal is a dork!), and loved Miss Guy and Mrs Tippits! Between church friends and her big sisters friends we already know have of the families in her class. I am thrilled with her teachers and friends and she still gets to have recess and snack with Lacey and Gabrielle!

Look Abby we got the same folders!


All the cousins walking to school together!Olivia, Abby, Lacey, Gabrielle, Zoe, Sophie, and Isabella


Gabrielle and Isabella checking out their matching Lelly Kelly shoes!


Ella and Isabella

As much as I missed Isabella 11:45 came way to soon!

Gabrielle, Lacy, and Isabella walking to school

Lucy and Sophie have a class together this year

Oh no, is summer really over? walking to school.

Olivia, MacKenzie, and Abby

friends in Olivia's class: Sage, Mia, Olivia, and Sara

11 comments:

Emily and David said...

everyone looks so cute in their first day of school outfits!

KickButtMommy said...

What an exciting day!

Kris, Andrea, Lacey, Mia, and Kannon said...

They all look so good, and I'm glad Sophie had a good first day with her teacher!

Kathy Clark said...

I'm such a proud Grandma!!!
Is that bad?

Erin Bee said...

Olivia, we love the Jonas Bros. shirt. My boys are glad to have 11 more days until school starts but I'm ready today. They do all look so cute.

Grandma Utah said...

I hope they all a great year. Looks like they got off to a good start, how beautiful are those girls? Grandma Utah

TheKeilShpeel said...

They all look so cute and ready for another year of school. How fun.

Sara said...

Wow! School already?

annalisa said...

We start school in the morning. I'm not ready to be in the get-up-early mode either :(. I'm a little nervous about where to send her tomorrow. I don't know what class her teacher is in, and she's the rotating teacher for 2nd grade so she goes to the classroom vacated by teachers off-track. That I'm not excited about. But at least I got the teacher I wanted. So what is the gate program?

The Marsden 6 said...

So so so cute! I'm so glad the first day went good for everyone.
Seriously can't believe how dnag cute they all are. And holy cow has time flown by, I can't believe Bella is in Kindergarten...

Brynnly and Alan said...

They look so excited to go back! Glad it went well. They look adorable!