Thursday, October 16, 2008

Ian's busy week!

I would say that Ian had a pretty great week! It actually started a week ago when we went to Lombardi Ranch (our famous, fun, great Pumpkin Patch) with Kimberly and Scott on a field trip. yes, I forgot my camera and haven't gotten copies from Kim as of yet. Kim and Scott are in the Mom and Tot Preschool class at Christ Lutheran Preschool. I love that preschool. Olivia went there as well as Sophie. Well, when it came time for Isabella to start Stan talked me into putting her into Primtime Preschool which is run by parks and rec. Everyone we know goes to that preschool and raves about it and to be quite honest it is hugely less expensive than other preschools. I wasn't impressed at all, however we saved a lot of money and Bella had a great year! I probably would have loved it as well if I did not have something to compare it to. I guess I am a preschool snob. At the Pumpkin Patch, Miss Tami, asked where we had been and insisted that Ian and I start going to Mom and Tot. Their staff are the sweetest people and it is such an incredibly run program. Well,

MONDAY WAS IAN'S FIRST DAY OF PRESCHOOL!

He made me laugh, he had so much fun going to school and having a teacher! He was so proud of himself. Of course, it is a Mom/Tot class so I stay with him the entire time. The first 30-45 minutes is play time with your child. I could not get Ian away from the painting table. What a bad mom I am, I had no idea how much he loved to paint, I guess he hasn't gotten enough of that at home. We'll have to work on that. Anyway, from there we cleaned up and had circle time for about 20 minutes. We sang songs, had flannel board stories. He was so involved and did everything he was asked. He loved doing all of the actions to the songs, such a well rounded child! Then it was off to snack time, which he thoroughly enjoyed and an organized art project. He painted the cutest little ghost all by himself (picture to come soon). The last 20 minutes they go out to the incredible playground while the Moms stay in for a discussion. We had a great time and can not wait to go back next Monday.
Since the girls have started school and Isabella is gone too, Ian has been bored out of his mind. He is so active and loves to play with other kids. We started story time at the library and he loves being able to bring books home. We are there with his friends, Scott, Kyle, and Jake. He looks forward to the days we go to story time.

Later this week it was off to play soccer at the indoor field in town(which by the way is really outdoors). It was the field where Stan played until he tore his ACL. It was a class for 2-3 year olds and Ian and Scott were the only kids that showed up. Not a bad ratio, 2 coaches and 2 players. They ran solid for 50 minutes. All Ian could talk about all day was how many goals he scored. Every Saturday the poor kid is dragged to three soccer games and is such a little trooper, he finally got his turn to get out there and kick some balls!

I loved this picture of Scott and Ian playing red light green light to learn ball control. On red light when they stopped they had to put their foot on the ball.
I am having so much fun with my son. I remember with Olivia we got to do all of this fun stuff because it was only the two of us but then with Sophie and Isabella there was always a baby we would have to bring so didn't get to do all of this. Well, I am back to only one with the others in school and am taking full advantage of my time with him. And on the days we stay home because, I do have stuff to do at home, he is a trooper and has FINALLY discovered the TV. A little Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or Handy Manny and I am good to go!

7 comments:

Melinda said...

What a great idea! I should take Elijah he would love it :)

KickButtMommy said...

How cute! I hope we can do Christ Lutheran next year with Ella. She has been on the list since she was 1! Now I just have to figure out how to pay for it.

The Marsden 6 said...

FINALLY an update and a good one at that. Allie could hardly contain herself seeing Ian play soccer without her! My poor deprived child!

TheKeilShpeel said...

Ian's a busy kid.. Looks like he's having a blast.

Grandma Utah said...

He is so grown-up. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this post. What a sweetie he is.

Living on love. said...

PRESCHOOL?! Wow...that's early! I bet it's nice to be able to focus on ONE for a little while!

Kerrie said...

It isn't really preschool, It is a Mom/Tot class. Kind of like Gymboree but probably a bit more structured.