Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Oooooh, Olivia!

My little Olivia, who is no longer so little, definitly has a style all her own! Me, the girl, who loves fashion, loves hair done with matching bows, fully accesorized outfits, has a daughter who says she could care less. Does this picture look like a girl who cares less? She hates pink and all things girly! She won't wear anything with flowers or sparkles and will only wear tennis shoes. Who doesn't love flip flops? These shoes she has on are her back to school shoes, which she picked out all by herself and loves them! I actually think they are pretty cute, because they are her! She loves to be different and takes pride in it. It is so hard to sit back and not say "you aren't wearing that it doesn't match", or "please wear your other shoes they will look better". How do you find the balance between teaching your kids the importance of grooming(for lack of a better word) and letting them wear what they want because they like it and are comfortable. I have to admit, I still do step in. When you are going to school, church, a birthday party, I think you need to show respect by dressing appropriatly. She doesn't get it. She has the most beautiful naturally curly hair, that I would die for, and won't let me do anything to it!?* She hates product, when you have curly hair YOU NEED PRODUCT! When do you let go and let them figure it out? I have decided that most mornings the fight isn't worth it. She loves her hair in a pony and is happy doing it everyday! I love the individual that my beautiful daughter is and am excited to see how her cute tomboy self continues to mature. I love that she thrives on being different. I love that she has an incredible sense of humor and makes people laugh. I love that she thinks she has to be involved in everything, thus, the picture of her being a valet at school two mornings a week. She loves to help anyone do anything and is usually a big help. Oh, my Olivia is her own person and I love her for it!

7 comments:

Kathy Clark said...

I love Olivia's sense of style!
You also hated to have your hair done and were a tomboy and look at you now! Ya never know...
MOM

Cate said...

she has great style-I say let her do it. There will be too many battles you are going to have to win. Let her have this one. My kids are the same way.

Sara said...

She still looks so great though!

Grandma Utah said...

Olivia is such a great help. I love it when she helps me do anything. Grandma Utah

The Marsden 6 said...

Oh Livvie! What a cute girl! I do remember that outfit when I was there, it's a...creative one! She can pull it off though, your right, it is so her! I love that picture of her doing valet, looks like she is good at it!

Living on love. said...

She looks super cute and what I think matters is that she could care less what anyone thinks because her self confidence is so overflowing! What a bright star you have there. She can send on down some fun dress ideas to us ANYTIME!

Raimi said...

She is so cute! One day she will look back & just appreicate that you let her be her!