Friday, October 3, 2008

YUMMO! PINKBERRY!

Can I just tell you about my new favorite treat? PINKBERRY! Well, it isn't actually that new but it is still my new favorite treat! "Pinkberry is swirly goodness, it's a love affair with chilly bliss", so their website says and I do agree! From what I understand there are only stores in Southern California and one in New York. So if you aren't in So Cal, guess you're going to have to come for a visit. They have a whole whopping three flavors, original, green tea, or java. I do the original and they are generous with their toppings, which they always have the freshest yummiest fruit just sitting there waiting for me. Plus, it is healthy, so I tell myself, but really if you ever done weight watchers it is like 3 points for a ton!

Okay, it got popular fast, we do live near Hollywood and all a business needs is a few celebrity endorsements and you are in. Last season on The Hills (yes, I love The Hills and watch it!) LC went there more than once and I remember watching that episode and thinking ooh, next time I'm in Hollywood I am so going there, it looks good! Well, then at the Emmy's Ryan Seacrest was asking two question (yes, I watch red carpets too, leave me alone): What are you wearing and what is the longest that you ever made your assistant stand in line for you at Pinkberry.

Guess what? About a year ago we got a pinkberry in our little Valencia! How cool is that?! There is one downfall. They put it in the mall. Who wants to go park at the mall just to run in for a pinkberry? Plus that means the hours suck because they close when the mall closes. Check out these lines (yes, that is my mom and Kim near the back) , this is like 10 minutes before the mall was closing. It should be a clue to them- get out of the mall! I am hoping when our mall renovation is done and it is more outdoors, they move to the outside so they can extend their hours so I can have my PINKBERRY when ever I want!

So, yesterday I went to Pinkberry because today at school was teacher appreciation day. Each student was asked to bring their teacher some sort of gift card. Does that seem ridiculous to anyone else? Well, pinkberry is my gift card of choice now days so I went and bought three $5.00 gift cards. I think it just seems wrong that it cost me $15.00 to send my kids to school today. Don't they get paid? I do appreciate them and think that they are underpaid but isn't that a lot to ask the parents? Yes, I could have sent my kids to school with nothing, or a $1.00 from McDonalds, but really? Was I going to do that? I am a room mom so I am the one at school in the morning standing in line with the kids collecting the cards and putting them in a cute bow to present to the teacher. The kids whose parents don't bring anything are sad and feel left out, I tell them it is no big deal, don't worry about it, it is a gift from the class, but they still wonder why they don't have anything to give to their teacher. So, of course I participate because I don't ever want that to be my kid. Okay, venting done, at least Ian and I got a pinkberry out of it!





11 comments:

Mandy said...

I miss Valencia. :( Such a great town!

KickButtMommy said...

I love Pinkberry. You should try Red Mango. It tastes the same and is not in the mall! Plus there are tables and couches to sit at so you can sit and visit!

Kris, Andrea, Lacey, Mia, and Kannon said...

I agree, about the gift cards that is. pink berry... not my fav! but i'm glad you love it!

Kerrie said...

I have heard about Red Mango, I just haven't gone yet.

Allie and Reed said...

Well I am jealous. We'll definitely have to make that a stop on our next visit. I love ice cream!

Emily and David said...

sounds yummy! I heard they are putting a pinkberry in valley fair sometime soon...can't wait to try it! and even as a future teacher I think that teacher appreciation day requiring gift cards from students is totally RIDICULOUS!

Kathy Clark said...

There is nothing wrong with showing appreciation to your teacher but requiring money spent is AWFUL! The children are expected to bring a Christmas gift, an end of the year gift and now Meadows is having not 1 but 5 teacher appreciation days. If I still had a child in elementary school I am serious when I say I'd make it my mission to get those stopped. I gaurantee there are hundreds of parents who feel the same, nobody has the guts to speak up to get it stopped. It puts a financial drain on the family and more importantly those poor little children whose parents can't afford to keep supporting those kinds of things are feeling left out. Personally I think a child's feeling suprasses "teacher appreciation day"! Okay...that was my venting for the day!

Brynnly and Alan said...

So lucky! I wish we had a pinkberry here! We have a 'spoon me' but its not the same!

Bubbles said...

My husband has been trying to get me to go there. I guess I should just give in. I'm sure I'll like it!

Raimi said...

You are a good Mom! It is hard when they ask for donations like that. There are bound to be children who are left out & that is JUST WRONG!
I am going to have to try PinkBerry next time we are in town-who knows when that will be??? I am so loving Blogland, love keeping tabs on you & your sweet fam! Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

THat looks so yummy!!! $15 dollars to go to school--Wow!! My hubby would have been in an outrage. I appreciate teachers too, but to be required to give gifts takes all the fun out of it.