I love December and everything that comes with it. The hustle and bustle, the Christmas music, the baking, the decorations, the Christmas smells (candles, pine trees, peppermint, cinnamon, ooh I could go on), the happy moods everyone seems to be in, the giving, the trying to find the perfect gift, my children's excitement and anticipation, The Nutcracker, the lights, the hot chocolate........ the reminder of our Saviors birth! I love the spirit that is felt this time of year.
This holiday is one worth making last so I love advent calendars! We start on December 1st! My goal is for each child to have their own advent calendar so when they get married they can take it with them and keep this tradition going. Right now I only have two, so they share, my taste is too expensive. They love love love them. It can be so simple. Today the 5th of December they each got a handful of hershey kisses, yesterday it was a small notepad(Camp Rock and High School Musical of course, and a Cars for the boy), the day before a note saying we would go to Panda for dinner, the 2nd was a candy cane, the 1st was something good! I got them each something that they could wear during the season!
Ian boy got a very appropriate new shirt! He is having so much this Christmas season. He is so into it and asks everyday if it is Christmas yet! He is loving being my shopping buddy!
Isabella's picture is to come. She loves doing hair so she got the cutest ponies! They are red with a little white fur puff, kind of like Santa's hat. I'll add that one!
So, I am trying something new this year. The paper chain. Usually you pull one off everyday and then it is Christmas right?! Well, for Family Home Evening Monday, which was the 1st, we started building our chain. We are trying to see how long we can get it by Christmas day. Every time you do something nice for someone, you write it on your paper and add it to the chain! It is working brilliantly so far and my kids are looking for things to do. Isabella has made Ian's bed and today before school emptied the bathroom garbage can. Sophie complimented Olivia. Ian fed the cats, I could go on and on. So far so good, lets hope this one keeps going! I'll keep you updated. Let me know what fun things that you do in December! I love to hear how people celebrate the season and I may even steal some ideas! Happy Holidays! Have a Magical December!
6 comments:
That is such a great idea about the paper chain!
I want to live at your house during December! What fun traditions and wonderful memories your kids are going to have!! You're an amazing mom!
Oh, I love the paper chain idea. Look at you...so creative!
I love your paper chain idea! Good thinking!
And I love cute socks too! I don't really have many now but growing up and in college, my funky socks were always my fav. Chad laughs at them.
Yeah me too!! I'm just dreading January!! Hey, nice music on your blog by the way
I love the paper chain and the advent calendar was one of the funnest things we did at our house, the kids even when they were big looked forward to that morning treat. It all helps the whole season to be fun. Grandma
Post a Comment