Monday, January 19, 2009

The beach in JANUARY?!

Yes, it is January and we spent a beautiful day at the beach riding bikes, walking through Venice, playing in the sand and the surf! It was a perfect day spent together as a family. The Clarks and Mom and Dad were there too! We had so much fun enjoying the weather and we all have the sunburn to prove it! Oh, and I can't forget it that we started the day with delish scrambled eggs made by our Ian boy! He loves to be in the kitchen, he cracked every egg!Sophie getting ready to go, riding around the parking lot.Olivia cruising on her cruiser.Isabella rode like a pro!But, also had the only accident of the day. She was going so fast and just lost control in the sand and face planted. I was so happy that she had a helmut, even with it she got a pretty good bloody nose. Did that stop her, NO, she got back on and kept riding.

As we were riding toward Venice Beach we came across a taping of the TV show, NUMBERS. It is always fun to watch Hollywood in action so we stopped there to eat our lunch and watch them tape a scene that will be in an April episode. This is Olivia and Sophie as they will probably appear in that episode. They just kept doing laps during the filming in the background of the shot. Let me know if you see them!
Ian was too busy with his lady bug to know what was going on at all. Actually depending on what cut they use he may be in it as well chasing some seagulls.
We continued on until we got to Muscle Beach and then walked our bikes for a while to check out all of the cool stuff.Isabella window shopping!My dad gave Ian a dollar to turn this statue on , it scared the death out of him, it was too funny!Well when we had seen everything we wanted to see it was time to play in the sand and surf. The water was freezing but we had fun playing in the sand. First thing Sophie turned Isabella into a mermaid.
The mermaid gave Grandpa an idea..... why a mermaid, how about a Formula 1 car? I love this picture because Ian is totally loosing his pants.
Mia was so patient with the artwork in progress.
Da ta Da da....... the finished product!Olivia took the car for a drive when Mia was done.
Even Andrea had fun digging in the sand! She brought her metal detecter and all of the girls had fun treasure hunting~
Check out Olivia's treasures.A cute picture at the end of the day of Lacey and ISABELLA.
That was the first time we had taken our bikes down to the beach and now we are ready to do it again! Newport here we come!

8 comments:

The Marsden 6 said...

*Sigh* Looks like you had fun! Wish I could have been there, BeLiEvE me yesterday was one of those days that I REALLY missed MY family. I could have used a pick-me-up like the beach with you guys!

KickButtMommy said...

How did you get them down there? Did you get a hitch put on the odyssey? I have been itching to do that!

Brynnly and Alan said...

You guys are such a fun family! Always doing fun things! I'm so jealous it is so warm there! I'm so ready for summer and it's only January! You guys live in the perfect place. :)

Sara LaClaire said...

so fun! i'm pretty jealous. it was 30 degrees out here in sunny utah today.

Melinda said...

Wasn't it a beautiful day!?! We went to the Santa Barbara Zoo and then walked over to the beach it was Amazing!

Kerrie said...

Heather, Stan's truck is an extended cabb,or whatever they call it, so we all six fit in that too. it was perfect, we just threw everything in the back and off we went.

Kris, Andrea, Lacey, Mia, and Kannon said...

I haven't been on blogs in so long and you have GREAT Posts! I love all of your pictures from Utah! These beach ones are great too. Morgan is so cute!

Knowhutahmean said...

I love your cruisers (and Olivia's socks) they look so fun. The beach in January, can you believe it? Isabella is such a good sport, a bloody nose didn't stop her for long. Ian's picture by the statue is priceless. Grandma