This was the lesson ......................
Isabella's primary teacher had it all in a bag with the instructions attached, the stand, each toothpick with a card attached, and a piece off candy for each toothpick. We were to read the little card, the scripture that went with it and then if you were the one to read the scripture you got the piece of candy! Isabella did a great job! I love seeing my children happy because they have contributed and she got to share with us what she learned at primary! Ian was in charge of songs so of course for the opening and closing song we sang ONCE THERE WAS A SNOWMAN! He loves moonbeans (what our ward calls the older nursery class) and when they sing it is a highlight for him. Sophie was in charge of an activity but I guess she ran out of time to plan because I gave her too many chores to do today (hmmm...she is now asleep and she didn't do one of them). But Olivia came through with the snack partly because I went grocery shopping today.
HOMEMADE ICE CREAM!
Olivia got this cool ice cream ball for Christmas. One end opens up and you put the ice and rock salt and the other end opens to put the ingredients in. Then you roll, throw, and shake your ball for about 10 minutes and presto! It is fun to make, we sat in a circle and passed it to each other and got to chat for 10 minutes, and it tastes GOOD! I can't wait to take it camping with us this summer and we'll have ice cream out in the woods!I had to include these other pictures. We are four weeks into the new year and Isabella's primary teacher continues to amaze me. Every week she comes home with something amazing which is an extension of their lesson. She is having fun, learning, and best of all gets to practice what she learns with us throughout the week! I am so grateful for those who give their 100 percent to their calling, especially when my kids are involved! Make sure you know I don't think it takes these amazing handouts to be an amazing teacher, because my beehives certainly do not come home with something every week, this has just been a fun adventure thus far and Isabella is enjoying the ride!
5 comments:
Where does she come up with all these great ideas. Looks like a great to reinforce what they learn at Primary. I would love these, even though I don't I don't teach. The Ice Cream ball was so fun, and I my nursery kids love ONCE THERE WAS A SNOWMAN too.
Who in the heck is her primary teacher!? AmAzInG!!!
What a fun FHE! You guys are so good about that. I hope to be that good when I have kids. :)
What a wonderful teacher. I bet her Primary class looks forward to church each week.
Wow, wish I could be a primary teacher like that! Amazing. And awesome for you to have FHE already done. The best part of FHE for my kids is the treat. It's tradition now, but hey it works.
Post a Comment