As I watched the inauguration today I actually got teary eyed. Not because I am happy Obama is now the President of the United States of America and not because I am sad that he is. I did not vote for him and still wish that he hadn't have won however I am excited to see where and how this goes. I got teary eyed because I was imagining what he was feeling, what his wife must be feeling, the emotions. What an incredible feeling to accomplish and be exactly where you had always pictured yourself being. I also thought about the responsibility that he now has and how scary it must be. I can't imagine being President is just about the power, I think it must be so much more. It is something I wouldn't wish upon my best friend. I am happy there are those willing to take this job and pray that he will do what is best for our nation (although I am already disappointed that with the economy the way it is he allowed such an outrageously expensive inauguration, it showed some lack of respect). But,I am so proud to be an American and do think those celebrating with Obama today did deserve a little pomp and circumstance! I am grateful for my freedom and for the right that I have and others have to vote, that is why I will support my President, whether I voted for him or not, he is my President. Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Obama and I look forward to seeing your children grow up before our eyes. Also, if Mrs. Obama would have me as her stylist, I would take the job in a heartbeat, she needs to fire her current one!Tuesday, January 20, 2009
HOPE
As I watched the inauguration today I actually got teary eyed. Not because I am happy Obama is now the President of the United States of America and not because I am sad that he is. I did not vote for him and still wish that he hadn't have won however I am excited to see where and how this goes. I got teary eyed because I was imagining what he was feeling, what his wife must be feeling, the emotions. What an incredible feeling to accomplish and be exactly where you had always pictured yourself being. I also thought about the responsibility that he now has and how scary it must be. I can't imagine being President is just about the power, I think it must be so much more. It is something I wouldn't wish upon my best friend. I am happy there are those willing to take this job and pray that he will do what is best for our nation (although I am already disappointed that with the economy the way it is he allowed such an outrageously expensive inauguration, it showed some lack of respect). But,I am so proud to be an American and do think those celebrating with Obama today did deserve a little pomp and circumstance! I am grateful for my freedom and for the right that I have and others have to vote, that is why I will support my President, whether I voted for him or not, he is my President. Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Obama and I look forward to seeing your children grow up before our eyes. Also, if Mrs. Obama would have me as her stylist, I would take the job in a heartbeat, she needs to fire her current one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
HERE, HERE...very well said! Love and miss you!
Kerrie, I LOVE everything you said in this post, it is so well expressed. I know I could use you as my stylist, but where does all the hype about her fashion sense come from, she really does need help.
I think she is so beautiful, and elegant. I thought the exact opposite seeing her stand next to Barbara. She looked classy but not old.
I loved her ball gown, BEAUTIFUL! That was the best that I have seen her look, I wrote the post before I saw that, however.... Her gloves didn't match, her jacket didn't work in the wind, they should have thought about that, and I didn't love all the jewels around the neck. I also didn't like at all the dress she wore election night.
I'm no fashion expert, but I agree with firing her stylist!
Post a Comment