Sunday, June 7, 2009

Lewis & Clark Day!

Best Friends....
Mia, Abby, OLIVIA, and MacKenzie
The fifth grade has a Lewis & Clark Day every year put on by who else? The Room Moms! Room Moms Rule! It is an all day event at the park next to our school where the Moms run 12 different booths that will teach them different aspects of the Lewis & Clark Expedition. It was so much work, especially since we threw in a bbq'ed lunch and a couple of snacks to have throughout the day as well. Yes, being a room mom is crazy but I love to be involved with my kids and their friends and school! It makes it all worth it to be able to spend the day with them, and I had so much fun with Olivia and her friends.
This is Olivia at the booth I ran. There was actually 12 groups of at least 10-12 kids in each group and they would rotate through every 20 minutes to the different stations. Mine was "Fishing for Explorers". They would fish and on the fish would be a name of one of the explorers and facts about that explorer. Then they would read it allowed to each other and later quiz each other. They actually had a lot of fun with it!

There were a bunch of real fun stations. This is square dancing (although they actually line danced). There was also Indian Folklore, Make you Medallions, Sacajawea, Map the Route, you get the idea.........

For lunch we had this incredibly handsome Dad show up to grill about 160 hamburgers. I felt like I was in school again when I saw this cute man, I got all these butterflies......Olivia and her friends enjoying lunch. Hamburgers, chips, watermelon, and.......
Homemade Root Beer! Look at my assistants! ISABELLA, Kamryn, and Gabrielle. Kindergarten got out about lunch time so they came over and hung out, helped out, played, ate, and froze. Did I mention it is June and it was freezing and rainy outside? The weather did not cooperate with us. Although I do have to say it was better that then being out in 100 degree heat all day long.

Ian came with the Hot Dad to bbq and ended up hanging out with me drinking the beer!
Sophie has been dying to share her new pet bunny, THUMPER, at school. She won him at Relay for Life last weekend. I gave her 2 dollars to get her face painted but then walked by a raffle for a real bunny. Guess who won?! Wasn't I excited?! NOT!

I of course was with the 5th graders until 3 so when Stan the Man was done bbq'ing he went home and got the bunny and brought it back to Sophie's classroom. She LOVES her bunny!

And wasn't I surprised when my birthday continues. My friend, Lori brought by the cake she made me for my birthday. Isn't it incredible! I am so impressed and it tasted good too! Thanks Lori! I am so grateful for the friends that I have!

5 comments:

Grandma Utah said...

This is such a great post, I don't even know where to start. That cake is to die for, the Lewis and Clark day looks unbelievable. Thanks for all the great pictures.

KickButtMommy said...

Lori Albright? That is an AMAZING cake. So cute!

Eden said...

Wow, what a busy fun day you had. I love Ian's expression under that tree. And that's an awesome looking cake!

Kerrie said...

Yes, Lori Albright. Amazing isn't it?

Sara LaClaire said...

this is the coolest cake i've ever seen. love it!