Monday, June 15, 2009

SCHOOLS out for SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last Friday was our last day of school! HOORAY!!!

Olivia's first day of school and last day of school. Did she plan on wearing the same skirt? Dang she is cute isn't she? She had a fabulous year, she had the greatest teacher EVER! I don't mean for this to be a brag post but this is my journal as well. So please don't gag or roll your eyes but I have to say I am grateful for stinkin smart kids!!!! Olivia had all 3's on her report card except of course for the three 4's (our wierd grading, a 4 is consistently above grade level, a 3 is at grade level) she received in literary response, science, and math! And all O's for outstanding except for a few satisfactorys in of course orginization, neatness, and art! No surprises there!
Olivia and a few of her friends the last day of school. Mia, Abby, MacKenzie, OLIVIA, Karly

Sophie's pictures from her first day of school and her last! She got taller, we just had to clean out her pant drawer! Notice recorder in hand? Third grade is the year they learn the recorder and she took it very seriously as she does everything at school. She had a fabulous year with a fab teacher as well. I think she was the teachers pet this year, that always helps. Her teacher LOVED her! In fact the last day of school was Flagpole Friday and the 3rd graders performed with their recorders. Each class picked a leader, guess who Sophie's class leader was? Of course!
Her report card was insane. She reads at a 7th grade level and received all O's for outstanding and four 4's in reading, math, sciene, and something else. We are proud of her!



Sophie getting ready to lead the 3rd graders on the recorder!
During Flagpole Friday.......

Sohie and I don't know and her friend Jessica.

Sophie and her friend Cammie!



Look at that kindergartner! First and last day! Oh how Isabella grew physically and mentally! It was a great year for her with good friends, cousins, and great teachers. Of course another perfect report card! ( I am sorry please don't roll your eyes)! All O's except of course orginization and neatness. They are so their Dad's children, although if I do remember correctly in school those were my same downfalls. I was too busy being social to clean and worry about being neat. She learned all of her sounds, letters, numbers! She is so on her way to reading. Yes, she is not my first, she wasn't reading before she got there and I am perfectly okay with that!
ISABELLA, Lacey, Brooke, and Gabrielle at the park after school.

ISABELLA, and Ella the last day of school. A church friend and classmate!


The three cousins or Amigos. ISABELLA, Lacey, and Gabrielle

My girls will miss Kimi at school now that she is moving on to junior high, they always loved seeing one of their friends from church at school.

We finished the day with a end of the school picnic at the park for IAN's preschool. Here is a class shot of him, his teacher, and friends!

4 comments:

Kathy Clark said...

I love the pictures of 1st vs. last day of school...too cute!
MOM

Jyll said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love the idea of taking a picture of them on the first and last day of school. I'm gonna do that too. (If I remember:). And I totally knew what the 3's and 4's meant! We have the same grading system at Aidan's school. So PC!

Grandma Utah said...

What a great year, great kids. The pictures are wonderful. I love reading how great the girls are doing in school, keeps us in the loop a little bit.

The Marsden 6 said...

What a great idea to post first and last day pix! Good thinkin' sista blista...

Glad they had a great year, we sure miss them!