Monday, September 14, 2009

My baby started preschool

Ian's first day of preschool!

So, my baby started preschool. I have such mixed emotions. On one hand I was so excited for him and me! On the other hand I realized I was starting a whole new phase in my life and that always terrifies me! Today was the first day in 11 1/2 years that I had time to myself. Another exciting thing was I was okay when I was dropping him off. I think I might have finally come to terms that Ian is actually is my last. If Stan said the word however, I think it would take me less than a second to say lets do it again!He was so excited walking into school with his lunchbox in hand. You should have seen him that morning when he realized that I hadn't only made 3 lunches but that I had made 4. He could not stop grinning while he watched me fill that Lightening McQueen lunch box! He wasn't nervous at all!Before it was time to go in we found a couple of friends from church. He is excited to be going to school with Kyle and Jake!Silly boy! Last year in our Mom & Tot class this puzzle was his absolute favorite toy. So much so that He got an identical one for his birthday. What did he do as soon as got in that classroom? Played with the puzzle. I would actually recommend it anyone. Every person in our family loves the puzzle, it is quite therapeutic! He loved feeding the monkey bananas!
Every kids favorite part of the day, SNACK TIME! Actually that isn't Ian's favorite part at all. Any given day you ask him what was the best thing he did at school and he will always answer ART!circle time with friends, Kyle and Jake.We are thrilled to have Miss Diane. Olivia had her as well as Isabella. Sophie missed out because her first year of preschool was spent in Hong Kong. Our preschool is a co op so 4 times during the session I get to volunteer! I always stay the first day. As we were leaving he asked that next time I not stay because he was a big boy and he knows that I always come back.
*sob* He is all grown up!
After a successful first day of preschool I made an amazing tasting and amazingly simple dinner. It was devoured and the troops have already asked me make it again. So here it goes, I am sharing a recipe! Lemony Shrimp Scampy! Thanks Melissa D'Arabian
As a side note, I did not buy fresh shrimp, I used frozen and did not make the stock. I used chicken stock and it was perfect! Loved it!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Isaac started preschool last week too. Both boys favorite things at school are snack time and recess! And their absolute LEAST favorite time is art. I'm going to have to check out this puzzle. It looks pretty cool.

Kathy Clark said...

I can attest to how wonderful the Shrimp Scampy was! Delish...

Ian is such a big boy.
Kerrie, make sure you get me that picture, you know what I'm talking about!

MOM

Eden said...

So fun to see these boys growing so big. I can't believe how quickly it goes.

Grandma Utah said...

HE LOOKS SO BIG! When did that happen? I'm delighted he is having so much fun.

Keri Bryant said...

It IS so heartbreaking to have our baby boys all grown up, huh, Kerr?
Still working on Billy but he is like Stan and fine with 4 and one boy. It is a new stage of life and one that does take some getting used to...but benefits as I am catching up on friends' blogs today and going running in a few mins.
SO, enjoy. Get pedicures. Go shopping. Blog more. Learn to knit. :) or not. THen work on Stan and get back to me. :)
BISOUX!!

meg said...

OH OH OH - first day of preschool - SO CUTE!!!!!


Megan xoxo