Thursday, October 22, 2009

Let the Festivities Begin!

Friday the 16th was our school's Fall Festival! It was so much fun. There was also a costume competion, I hadn't made Olivia's yet but she pulled out one of Stan's old busdriver shirts and hats and went with that. We talked Ian out of wearing his. Isabella and Sophie were in their costume glory. IN FACT, Sophie won the costume contest for grades 4-6! She won a $15.00 gift card to Target, not bad, eh! You really can't see her costume in the pic but I'll have better to come.

They had lots of game booths and activities that Isabella and Ian took full advantage of. Olivia and Sophie hung out with the big kids by the DJ booth where they sang karaoke, did hula hoop competitions, etc. Sophie and her friends did a great job at Rockin' Robin and Olivia joined a big group of boys that sang, I am a Barbie Girl in a Barbie World. Stan realized that night that he doesn't love this 6th grade thing, the girls and boys were hanging out together! I thought it was cute, he DIDN'T!

Isabella and Ian in their masks they made.
The fall festival is also a big fundraiser. Each class puts together a basket to auction off. Plus their is food, this year we had the Hot Dog on a Stick truck come as well as Jamba Juice. There was also a cake decorating contest and they then auctioned off the cakes. Olivia and Sophie both decided the night before they HAD to make cakes. I took off to the store at 8:00 the night before and my girls woke up at 6:00am the next morning to decorate. I baked the cupcakes the night before and arranged them but they seriously did everything else entirely by themselves with the help of Isabella and Ian of course. Look how cute they turned out! Neither won a prize but Olivia's friend Maddie, who was celebrating her birthday bought her cake and it was her birthday cake that night with her family! I guess the time and energy put into them were worth it!
Frosted cupcakes.Olivia designed hers on her own. Creative don't you think?Olivia's finished product.cupcakes layed out ready to frost.Sophie starting with the eyes. Sophie's finished project. Her cake was purchased as well. It was fun and rushed but I am glad that we made them.

5 comments:

The Marsden 6 said...

Looks like fun. Let the festivities begin...

Grandma Utah said...

Halloween at your house is always the best. LOOK AT THOSE CAKES.

Brynnly and Alan said...

Um, I'm coming to your house next year for Halloween! What a fun thing to do. Looks awesome!

Michelle said...

Those cakes are awesome. I might have to try something like that soon. Your fall festival is leaps and bounds ahead of our boring little one. Next year I think I need to go to yours!

meg said...

Oh my gosh - those cakes were TOTALLY AWESOME!!! Way to go girls! I wish I had seen them earlier - I would have put them on my blog! So cute!!!


Megan xoxo