I was in the shower when Sophie came running in and asked me if I had heard something. I hadn't, she told me the wind had gotten so loud she was scared and there was a big thud. I of course told her not to worry about it she was safe inside. Well Kim called minutes later and told us the tree in our front yard was no longer. Of course we ran out in the middle of the crazy storm and they spent time climbing on it and had a great time. I was inside calling the city hoping they would come deal with it, NOPE! It is our tree, our responsibility. They did come clear the sidewald and street however.Of course disaster only strikes when Stan the Man is out of town. So My Dad and Kristopher came over and took care of most of it! I stayed inside and made yummy warm corn chowder and biscuits for everyone and visited with my Mom and Andrea.
Monday, January 18, 2010
Rain Drops Keep Falling on my Head! and.....
I LOVE IT!
The tree in our front yard? Not so much!
The rain and the wind knocked that baby right down.
I am so grateful for a husband who has a job that supports our family, maybe not for how much he is away but for the job none the less. I am grateful that I live close to family who can chop up a tree, change a hot water heater, fix garage doors, give me comfort when there are earthquakes (yes, Stan is always gone for those too and I HATE them). I am blessed to have a husband that takes care of his family and for a family that takes care of us when we need it! I am also grateful the tree didn't land on anything! Our home is safe, cars are safe, we are safe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Good post!
WOW! Thank goodness it fell into the street instead of the other way. So glad you're all safe & had a fun time with the downed-tree.
WOW, you are so lucky with the way it landed, crazy it didn't hit the house! Looks like it turned into a fun adventure, thanks for the post :)
I totally would have let my kids play on the tree - awesome. :)
WHOA!!More than lucky I think, someone was watching over you. Also, what a great story to remember. However, I will miss the tree.
Glad all is right with the world again. You are very blessed!
Whoa! You guys were blessed indeed!I'm happy that all panned out in the end.
AND the Clark Clan (of course that includes Morris', Edwards' & Marsden's) know how to have fun even in the midst of it all! Pass me a roaster please!! :)
Love to you ALL! :)
CRAZY! Wow! Husband's are great and it is an added bonus to have family close by!
This morning I thought some of our trees were going to have the same fate as yours. Thank goodness it didn't happen. And THANK goodness that your tree didn't fall on your house or a car. It really is too bad Stan wasn't there to participate in the fun.
And we are blessed to have you who makes us REALLY YUMMY food! thank you!
WOW! That picture just doesn't even look real. Glad you got some help getting it cleaned up. I hear ya on the hubby thing. My husband is ALWAYS out of town and works 70-90hrs a week. It is so tough but we really are lucky they are employed! Glad you all are safe!
Post a Comment