The Easter prepartions started the evening before with coloring eggs. It is a good think that my kids love hard boiled eggs because we colored 45 of them! If they had their way they would have done more. They could have all four sat there forever decorating eggs. Strangly enough after a rough day (that means my kids were abnoxious) they sat there together and laughed and helped each other and had a great time getting along. It was soooo nice.
Olivia and Sophie
Isabella and Ian
Can you tell whos are whos? Sophie's are all pink. You can't really tell but a bunch of them were half and half or rainbow BUT the all included pink. Isabella's were all of the colors, rainbows, any way she could get creative.
Olivia's were beautiful a little bit of everything. Ian used only blue and then decorated them with everything Star Wars.
The Easter Bunny came in the night and hid all of our eggs and left behind a basket for everyone!
It was such a nice morning. We had a great breakfast that included yummy cinamon rolls (thanks to the Sanders), scrambled eggs, and lots of fruit and candy. In between conference sessions we got ready for the day and headed up to my Mom and Dads. We relaxed watched the second session of conference there and had an amazing dinner, as always. My Mom and Dad are both such incredible cooks. Barbequed Tri tip, grilled asparagus, the biggest baked potatoes ever, homemade french bread, deviled eggs(of course),
and desert! I made my lemon ricotta cookies and my Mom made homemade sherbert! Yummo! We even had another easter egg hunt there with all of the cousins. Another holiday down. I think I can take a breather for about a month until Isabella's birthday.
6 comments:
My boys will each color 1-2 eggs and then they are done. They are so not creative or artistic. But Caleb LOVES hard boiled eggs and is always begging for some. He needs to come join your family.
Looks like fun! We love hard boiled eggs too and ours are almost gone :(
Don't you just love Easter? Looks like a great time! This year didn't quite feel like Easter to me because I usually fill up on Easter candy and just couldn't do it this year. I can't eat a much sugar being pregnant. Why can't I always feel this way?! ;)
Love all the eggs and your kid's creativity showing through. Sounds like you had a great Easter!
What a fun easter! I just got finished reading all about Ian's birthday adventures, what a lucky kid! We miss you guys and hope to see you sometime soon!
Wow, what a fun Easter too! I think I may want to celebrate Easter at your house also - LOL :)
Post a Comment