Wednesday, June 2, 2010

DISNEYITIS!

On May 16th my Isabella Bug turned 7 years old! sEvEN!!!!!! Where did the time go? Here is my BUG in all of her 7 year glory in her new church dress and very favorite present, her roller skates!



I was a bit worried as to how the day would go with her birthday being on a Sunday, but we had a great time and celebrated the day away. Of course it started with breakfast in bed.


She of course got a butterfly pancake, sausage, blackberries, and powdered doughnuts, all of her favorite breakfast food. Of course a cocktail to drink. So, a cocktail you ask? Well at every hospital I have ever delivered a baby at they bring you a cocktail of juices. I love it, so I drink it at home and now my kids can't just have one juice, we mix them! Breakfast in bed wouldn't be complete without opening at least one present. She opened a new outfit (big surprise) to wear to church that day with all of the accessories. Also a new fairy paper doll book to take to church with her.

After church the Morris girls came over to give Isabella a spa for her birthday. She got the royal treatment!
We opened lots of presents.
A button maker from Reed and Allie (I think she has already made almost all of them, she loved it!) and a new outfit from us.
silly sting and some other fun stuff from the Clarks. A couple of DS games from us and Grandma and Grandpa Utah.
A new swimsuit and mermaid fin from Grandma and Grandpa.
A new money counting bank from the Morris. She is so excited to hold her first lemonade stand with this bad boy.
And.................... her new roller skates that she has been DYING to have since her cousins each got a pair at Christmas! It has been a long 5 months! Needless to say she was very excited.

We played  games, here is a picture of the water balloon toss. I believe Kris and Andrea won! Some neighborhood kids were out and thought it was so funny. They told my kids that they had cool parents because they had never seen adults play that game before. Yea, I know.....

And what is a birthday without cake? I mean COOKIES!!!!!  Isabella doesn't love cake and so we again had my lemon glaze cookies. Her very favorite cookies! I am so proud of my 7 year old spicy ,sassy ,singing, dancing Isabella!

Isabella opted for no birthday party but wanted to spend the day at Disneyland with her two cousins her age, Lacey and Gabrielle. So finally we found a day and today was it!  It was a school day so we just called the front office and let them know that Isabella wasn't going to make it, she woke up with DISNEYITIS! We made it to Disneyland. It was beautiful weather, not to crazy of crowds, and great company!

Lacey, Gabrielle, and Isabella
Look at these three. Best friends since birth. LUCKY GIRLS!

They were crazy from the minute we got there. I hate to tell my kids to be quite when we are outside, I figure I do it enough at home. But oh my gosh! These girls were WILD!!!!!! Look at them!

We rode Space Mountain.

Storybook Land and the canoes.

waited in lots of lines. Yes, my kid is the obnoxious one constantly hanging on the bars, swinging, and even climbing upside down while waiting in  line for rides.

traded lots of pins.

rode the cars up and down mainstreet. A new thing for Isabella because we never do this because we usually have a stroller.

took every picture opportunity available.

and of course rode Toy Story. The very best ride at Disneyland/California Adventure.  There were too many other things to add. We had a great day. I was happy to spend a day with my bug! She was so funny, I gave her a hug and told her thanks for spending the day with me, and she responded (laughing of course), "I thought you were going to say thanks for picking me not Daddy". Daddy took her last year. It was a good thing, Daddy spent the day at a 14 inning Dodger game with the boys!

8 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

That is a truly great birthday!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday to Isabella and Happy Birthday to you today too! Man you guys really know how to do a birthday!

Raimi said...

It looks and sounds like a fabulous birthday! I think I have disneyitis too...only I live too far to do anything about it :-).

TheKeilShpeel said...

What a perfect birthday. oh and those hospital cocktails are the best.. maybe it's because it's the only good thing there with the food but oh. I drank so much of that cocktail.

Unknown said...

I can't believe that Isabella is already SEVEN! :) She is so stinkin' adorable!
You and your family are SO AMAZING. You guys know how to have fun!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jyll said...

How fun! Looks like she had a great birthday!

meg said...

Oh my goodness! Fun, fun, FUN!!! What a wonderful birthday for a darling girl! Those roller skates brought back so many memories - boy, did I love those! What a great family to do such wonderful things! And Disneyland too! WOW! Happy birthday Isabella!!! :)