Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The NUTCRACKER

2010

Sophie in her Chinese costume

Sophie was in two dances in this year Nutcracker.
CHINESE 
and
ACT 2 OPENER!

This is her costume to open Act 2!


Don't you love the boots?


We had a fabulous weekend. Seeing that this is the 4th year (The first 2 years Olivia was in it as well) our family has done The Nutcracker with their dance studio it has become a Christmas tradition! Such a perfect way to start the Holidays!

 I love watching Sophie dance. Okay, laugh if you will, but I honestly get teary eyed when I watch her on stage. She gets so excited to be there and to perform. And she honestly has the biggest smile on stage!
 We have yet to drag Ian to watch. I like to enjoy the show. Isabella loves watching Sophie and is anxiously awaiting her turn to be in the Nutcracker. She was old enough this year to be a snow tree but to keep my insanity I could not have one more dance class to add to my list. So next year she will probably be in it as well. She already wants to be Clara.
 She had quite the audience.
Grandpa, Grandma, Gabrielle, Lacey, Zoe, Andrea, Mia, Abby, and Kim. She also had a few teachers from school come and some friends from church.
 Sophie and her many fans.
Gabrielle, Mia, Isabella, and Lacey.
She loved her Nutcracker that we gave her. And of course being a prima ballerina came home with many a flowers.
 "Clara" , Samantha and Olivia have been friends since 1st grade.
She was phenomenal!
 Check out this fan club!
Kim, Olivia, Me, Abby, Isabella, Abby, Zoe, Andrea, Gabrielle, Grandma, SOPHIE, mia, Lacey, Grandpa, and Stan.
 Look at the stage dad and his daughter. I love them both!
It was an amazing show. I am glad it is over. She has been dancing everyday with rehearsals for at least the past 10 days. The ballet program is pretty intense as well with attendance rules if you want to perform. She worked hard and danced hard and it paid off.

 In the morning before the show we headed out to get our Christmas tree. I loved loved loved this tall tree but was afraid it was a bit too big for our space.
 Great picture of the Bug and Ian. He thought it was so funny that his face was behind a branch.

Sophie sporting classic Southern California attire for Christmas tree shopping. Shorts and Uggs.
 Olivia was so helpful this year. She would hold up the trees so Stan and I could check them out. This one got the best of her. Did I help her? Of course I did after I took a picture.
 The perfect tree.
That evening after Nutcracker, it was a long day. We headed over to our ward party and then off to my parents to see their tree all decorated and to have some desert together. It was a beautiful day!
Olivia

Sophie

Isabella

Ian

And, just because I thought this was so funny. I think this boy ate more ham than anyone else at the party!

4 comments:

Raimi said...

Looks like a fabulous December thus far. I will have to live through you and your girls and all of their dancing :They are all darling!

Kiersten DeVore said...

the ham that Ian has in his mouth is frightening. it honestly looks like something from the halloween isle at party city.
on a lighter note- sophie's eyes are amazing. what a darling girl, i love her so much.

Kiersten DeVore said...

ps- who's your favorite child? you know you have one.

meg said...

Oh my gosh - I can't believe all these things happened in ONE DAY!!! First off, Sophi looks absolutely ADORABLE in her Nutcracker costumes! And it does indeed, look like you chose the perfect tree! And of course your kids are their darling selves with Santa too! You guys are such an AWESOME family :)