Sunday, August 21, 2011

1st Day of School!


The 2011-2012 school year has begun! Look at these cute kids! I can't believe that my boy is right there in the middle with them. For 13 years I have been pregnant or had a child by my side, the baby is going to school. It is an emotional time for me. I admit it I cried, but he is ready and so excited!!!!

He was so excited to start Kindergarten! He is beyond ready. I kept telling him that I wasn't ready to let him go and maybe I should keep him and home school him, he wouldn't have it. He was too concerned he'd miss out on making new friends. He is such a good boy and I know there are great things that await him.
 The night before school we went over and met his teacher at the kindergarten social. He was given a blank name tag and was asked to decorate the front and put 2 things on the back that he loved. I admit, I did do the name, he did EVERYTHING else. We got out the glitter glue. Blue is his favorite color and he is used the gold and silver because that is what color trophies are. On the back were two pictures; a BMX bike and picture of our family. oh, my sweet boy! They all shared them with each other during class.
This boy is my son! We went shopping together for his first day of school outfit. Tshirt by Crazy 8, shorts from the Gap, and shoes from Nordstrom. We literally went store by store and he would look at things, try them on and decide what he wanted. HE LOVES HIS SHOES. A kid after my own heart! His shirt has a tiger on it, because Stan loves the Detroit Tigers.
 Ian and his cousin Scott are in the same class! They both have Mrs. Hawthorne. We are thrilled, she has actually been a long term sub 2 different times for Olivia but has been the K teacher for about 5 years now. They are so excited to not only go to the same school, finally, but to be together. These two are more like brothers than cousins.
 Ian, literally running into class.
 He never looked back. *sniff*
I snuck in one last look before Mrs. Hawthorne closed the door. He was busy getting situated at his desk.
Look at this BABE! Oh, I am in trouble with this sixth grader that is so stinkin' cute and thinks nothing of hanging out with the boys, she prefers it actually. Like mother, like daughter I guess. And of course dressed to the "T" like she always is. About 2 weeks ago she coordinated all of her outfits for the first two week of school. They are in a pile in her room with a post it on the front of each outfit with what shoes to wear and what she will do with her hair that day. Oh, I love my Sophie.
(See that cute box in her hand? A teacher gift of course. A take out box filled with fortune cookies and a cute note that says, "I am FORTUNATE to have you for my teacher".)

 Yes, 6th grade and Sophie and her cousin Zoe have a class together FINALLY! Sophie was thrilled to get her first pick of teachers, Mrs. Beausejour. She is in for a great final year of elementary school!
A sneaked a peak at her before I left campus too to take a quick pick. She sits right next to Art (don't tell anyone but she has a crush on him). She came home smiling for sure!!!
 Look at this beautiful 3rd grader! Another girl who got JUST THE TEACHER SHE WANTED! You should have heard her scream. Mrs. Todd is in for a treat this year. My Isabella is a smart witty girl. It is the witty part that the teacher has to look out for. She loves to be the class clown. I think Mrs. Todd will be ready for her and not only know how to put her in check but will enjoy her.
 Have I said how incredibly lucky we are to live so close to all of our family but for the cousins to go to the same school as well. It is a blessing I will be eternally grateful for.
These three amigos have yet to be in class together but they sure do find each other at recess. I think for these three that might just be the perfect thing. And we love our Mia. Ian came home so excited the first day to say that he saw Mia at recess.. What a treat!
 Shaley, Gabrielle, and Isabella in line for class.
 Isabella was also excited to see Elauren would be in her class again this year.
The first day couldn't have gone better. I made sure to wear my sunglasses to hide the tears!

5 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Sounds like getting back to school couldn't have gone any more smoothly at your house! Congrats.

Michelle said...

I'm still a long way off from having all my boys in school but I'm sure I'll cry the day that Simon goes to KG. Cute pictures.

The Marsden 6 said...

OMGosh, they are so cute!

I LOVE Bella's hair, what did you do? She looks like such a little rockstar!

And Sophie- what a fashionista, love that girl!

Ian...such a STUD! Wish Allie was in their class, can you believe they are in Kindergarten all ready? Crazy???

Keri Bryant said...

Cant believe how big your kids are, Kerrie! Oh my gosh, your girlies are just beauties of course! And isn't it amazing to have a boy?
My Luke goes to K in 2 days and I am gearing up for the tears...but I think I will be Ok cause he is SIX and should have gone last year. I will miss him so much but know that it is time. And I am more than a little ready for some peace and quiet during the day now. Ok, sad and ready, too. Weird to think baby days are over, huh?
Miss you. Gros Bisoux.
k

meg said...

Oh Kerrie... what a fun and sweet post! First of all, you are such an amazing mom - you do the greatest things for your kids and I just love it :) And you take the time for such great photos that all of you will love forever! What a AWESOME first day for everyone! Cousins included! These pics are just TOO CUTE! I love each of your kids' personalities and how they shine through in each photo :) And the little story of Ian on his first day of school was so touching - adorable shoes indeed! It's okay that you had the sniffles - he's your sweet baby boy :)

xoxoxo