Saturday, November 24, 2007

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Okay, so the day started like this, the alarm went off at 4:40,yes, 4:40am. I have always thought those people that get up before the sun to go shopping were so psycho. Yesterday I become one of them, and guess what, it is true, they are!!!!!!! It was soooo much fun though, definitely something to make a tradition. Andrea and I hit Toys R Us when they opened and actually got everything we went looking for. How exciting is that? Kim, Annie, and my Mom did Target, they were in line a lot longer than us. Anyhoo, back to Toys R Us, the people that wake up that early are psycho. I actually had a lady accuse me of taking something out of her cart. Hello! Like I would do something like that, people that shop that early for a good deal are hard core! Then, it was off to Tilly's, got everything I needed and then some. I was sad, the first 50 people got gift cards we were like 52 and 53, all because of snooty teenagers cutting in line at 6:30 in the morning. Some of them even got $100.00. We were almost done there but ended up at the mall. Gymboree and Disney Store is always way cheap the day after Thanksgiving until about noon. We found great deals there. I am actually almost done with Christmas! Yea! There are still a few things I am looking for hoping they go on sale before now and then. I love shopping at Christmas, it just makes me happy!
The rest of the day was way kick back. We all ended up back at our house. The kids played outside until they couldn't take the cold anymore. Stan and Rod hung Christmas lights and put the star between our two houses again. Jordan spent time getting a door hung on the girls bedroom. Yea for Jordan, I wished he lived a whole lot closer! He is sooo talented! WE had a yummy dinner, of course a whole lot more football and bedtime came oh so earlt. I crawled in bed by 9 and slept like a baby! Shopping is so exhausting!

3 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Wow, all I can say is YOU GO GIRL! Sounds like it was worth it though.

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

You're crazy! :) Although I do wish I could say I was almost finished with my shopping... I haven't even started yet! :)

Sara said...

Isn't Black Friday shopping crazy?!?! Luckily I didn't encounter any psycho's but I've heard some horror stories!