Their was incredible turn out of well wishers to say goodbye and good luck to our soldier!
We had local elected officials show up as well as our congressman Buck McKeon and his wife Patricia. They are actually friends of my parents and in their ward. It was luck that they were in town and were thrilled to be able to be there. In fact they said that they are only notified of the casualties in their district and were happy to celebrate with a soldier that was on his way.
Ian and Isabella and the rest of the girls had a great time helping Grandpa set up all of the flags. Ian even matched! They followed him from house to house doing whatever they could to help. Anything to hang out with Grandpa. It was fun to see their enthusiasm as we prepared to see a real soldier that was going off to war. I don't think they fully understand the complexity of it but they now that he will be fighting for them and their freedom and they thought it was pretty cool.
Here is a picture of our family in front of our home with Buck and Patricia McKeon!
9 comments:
Kymmer was telling me how amazing it all was and how much she appreciated it! I wish we could have been there.
Looks like fun! That's a really cute picture of your whole family with the McKeon's. And, what the heck, you are wearing shorts, ahhhh!!!
Love this post! I think it's great the whole neighborhood pitched in to support a member of our military. You must also love having family all around. Can't wait until more of our family moves out here. It's the best!
WOW!!!! Your street looks AWESOME! I love to see the flag fly! I can't even imagine sending a child or family member off to serve in the war. I am so grateful to all those men & women who serve our country! Cute family picture!
Raimi
I love this post too. I've met Buck once before.
That is so great Kerrie! I'm sure I would have been one to get teary eyed driving down your street.
I don't even need to drive down the street to cry, just seeing the pictures did the trick. What an amazing day for Daryl, his family, and the ward to be part of. Kim is such a thoughtful and loving person. Thanks for sharing a little of the day with those of us who couldn't make it. I appreciate it!
Hey, ah know Buck...
an it don't stop 'Her'1
Ah, mean 'Here'!
?Oh, ewe knowhutahmean!
Post a Comment