Thursday, March 13, 2008

Kerrie the Pharmacist!

Okay, I so feel like a pharmacist! I have never had so many drugs in my house at once. Yes, we have all been sick or something wrong with us, except for my sweet healthy Bella Bug! Lets keep praying she stays that way.

It all started Saturday when I woke up not even being able to swallow or talk. My poor Stan, we had such a busy day planned and he got to do it all. First Olivia and Sophie needed to be at an event for our school by 9:00 (Run for Fitness), Sophie cookie boothing at 10:00, and Olivia cookie boothing at 11:00. Me, myself, and I went and sat in the urgent care waiting room for a dang long 2 hours. Why would they make sick people wait that long? Don't they know we need to be home and in bed? Ugh, Doctors, we are at their mercy! Anyway, you guessed it..... STREP THROAT! He said my throat was one of the worst he'd seen so offered up a prescription of codine on top of the antibiotics to get me through the next couple of days. It took a couple of days too. I went home went to bed and woke up at 3:00 on Sunday afternoon! It took until Monday evening to feel good enough to be up and around. But, I am a Mom, so I was up and around before that anyway.

Olivia woke up Monday morning with a raging fever and couldn't talk or swallow. I took her straight into the doctor with me still feeling like yuck and she tested positive for....STREP THROAT! She was home from school until Wednesday. More antibiotics in the house. Can I add that she doesn't take medicine well. She is almost 10 and you still have to hold her down and throw it down her throat and pray that she doesn't throw it all up on you.

Well, since Ian was home I took him with me to take Olivia to the DR. Guess what......NO! It wasn't strep throat it was STREP BUTT! Did you even know they cultured bums? Toddlers rarely ever get strep throat, his worked its way through his system and wound up down under! Good thing I had the doc check his bad diaper rash. More antibiotics, plus nystatin for his bum. On top of all of that he has eczema and I have to put prescription stuff on that 2-3 times a day.
My darling Stan did a great job taking care of the rest of us untill he walked in from work on Monday afternoon and walked strait into the kitchen and started downing advil. Yes, he was burning up and I kicked him out of the house and strait to the Dr.'s office so he could get started on his antibiotics.


Well, my Sophie is healthy but, quite warty! Yes, before this all happened I had her to the pediatric dermatologist to get her 9 warts on her hands frozen off. She only lasted through getting 3 frozen, I have to say she was very brave and never once complained! The Dr. didn't stop until she looked up and saw a very quite brave Sophie sitting so still with tears streaming down her face. So she has a prescription cream to apply every night until they are gone, probably about a month. The picture of Sophie is just because I though she looked so dang cute going to school this morning, so I took a picture. She is such a fashionista!
Well, through it all I would have to say I am so grateful these are the worst of our health problems. I feel truly blessed to have four strong, active, healthy kids and that Stan and I have the health and sometimes the energy to take care of them!

4 comments:

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

sounds like you're all on the mend... hope that happens quickly! :) poor family.

The Marsden 6 said...

Holy Cow, weren't we just talking the other day about how we have both had super healthy winters, you must have forgotten to knock on wood. Glad everyone is feeling better!

KickButtMommy said...

You poor little family! You should have posted earlier and I would have brought you a big pot of homemade chicken soup!

Sara said...

Strep Butt? I've never even heard of such a thing! i don't even want to think about how painful that would be! Hope everyone is now healthy and happy!