Sunday, July 13, 2008

I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints


Saturday was such a special day for our family. Sophie was baptised a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We are so proud of her and the decision that she has made. All morning she just kept saying, "Mom I can't believe today is the day! I am so excited!". We couldn't believe it either. When did my little Sophie become 8 years old? I am so grateful for her and for Stan who was able to baptise her. The spirit was so strong, I pray Sophie will remember that feeling forever and that her testimony will continue to grow and blossom! She looked beautiful and glowing. Grandma Utah made her baptism dress, it was gorgeous, a beautiful heirloom.

The program was so nice. I was able to introduce her to everyone and tell a little bit about her. Sophie is such a girlie girl. She loves all things pink, shiny, and sparkly! Sophie is passionate about everything (which is especially scary when she is in a bad mood). She is passionate about learning and reading, she is such a smart little girl. She is passionate about art, she loves to create! She is passionate about swimming, she has a cute, very competitive side to her. She is passionate about friendship, she is so caring and nurturing and always makes sure that no one is left out. She is passionate about her sisters and brother and loves to spend time with them. She is passionate about dancing and boy can she dance! She loves to share her talents and brings a smile to everyones face! Her and her cousins sang a musical number, When I am baptised, and did an amazing job! We'll leave out how crazy Isabella was. Oh, how I love my Sophie! Sophie had asked her Aunt Allie to give a talk about the gift of the Holy Ghost. She did such a great job and really touched Sophie and helped her to better understand. Her Dad was able to baptise her and confirm her. Grandpa, Grandpa Utah, Uncle Reed, Uncle Rodney, Uncle Kris, Uncle Tom, and Mike were all able to assist in that. It was such a sweet blessing.
Sophie had so many friends and family be there for her. The Coopers drove down from San Jose. The Edwards and Reed, Allie, and Jensen drove down from Utah. Our biggest surprise was when The Taylors, our good friends from Utah, showed up unannounced! It was such a great surprise and we were so touched by their surprise as well as the sacrifice everyone made to be there with our family on such a special day for Sophie. We headed back to our house after for good food (if I do say so myself) and a great time swimming, visiting, and just being together!

11 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

This post made me cry a little. Sophie, I am so proud of you! What a beautiful day. As old as I am, I remember my baptism day perfectly. That is the day I started journaling and I still do it! Write this day down so you will never forget it!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

I wish we could have been there!!! I miss seeing your cute face in primary.

Kris, Andrea, Lacey, Mia, and Kannon said...

Sophie looked so beautiful!

Kendell Wrae Evans said...

Hey there! i cant believe how grown up the girls are getting. and Sophie got baptised! im so proud of her and happy for you guys! and Ian is so big! it feels like just yesterday we were happy for the long awaited boy! wow. Hope all is well! :)

Brynnly and Alan said...

You're back! I'm so glad you are back in the blog world. I'm so glad all went well. Looks like you had a great time and Sophie is so cute! Congrats to her on her baptism! It was great seeing you guys the other week! Wish we could see you more often!

Sara said...

What a wonderful day! She is juts glowing in these pictures!

Cate said...

I am very proud of you Sophie!

TheKeilShpeel said...

How wonderful to have so much family to celebrate such a special day.

Jyll said...

Congratulations Sophie! What a wonderful day to celebrate with family and friends!

Allie and Reed said...

What a great weekend. Thank you Kerrie, for making it so. I was honored to be able to speak; thank you, Sophie. I would do anything for that beautiful smile.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Sophie! How nice to have family to surround you, especially for special occasions....