Sunday, July 20, 2008

Oh, I love my beautiful girls!

So, when we first moved to Los Angeles back in 2001 I was thrilled to be near Hollywood. I have always been fascinated with the industry and at one point my plan was to even move to L.A. to become an actress myself. Well, that didn't happen but I had two beautiful baby girls so I thought I would give it a try with them. I knew we needed an agent so sent out snapshots and a cover letter to who I was told were the best child agents, chances are you never get a call and never even know if they got your stuff. Every agent we sent pictures to called us. Olivia, who was 3 and Sophie who was 6months went on auditions to agents, we were lucky enough to pick who we wanted and felt most comfortable with. My girls did a lot of work, mostly print stuff. Sophie did an add in Redbook magazine, Guess, Mia Bambini, Kaya Couture and Old Navy. Olivia did Target, she was on the huge posters that hang from the ceiling nationwide, Mia Bambini, Old Navy, Sears, and Kaya Couture(special occasion dresses for children). Just before moving to Hong Kong she did two commercials, one local and one national. She loved being in front of the camera.
Well, we had a long relationship with Kaya. She did her first shoot for them at age 3 and is still in just about every wedding magazine, her first was Martha Stewart Weddings. She did her last shoot for them about 3 years ago. We have given up the industry, I am not willing to sacrifice my younger kids, or their school and extra curricular activities, much to Olivia's dismay. She wants to be on TV. Ugh! If she was an only child it might be a different story. Anyway Kaya was sold and the owner with whom we worked just sent me a disc full of pictures that she still had. I need to get some framed and on my wall. I just thought I would share them. Isabella even got to do the last photo shoot with them. Olivia and Sophie also did a runway fashion show with Kaya's dresses in a Monique Llulier fashion show. They still have pictures on their website. www.kayacouture.com. I kind of miss having access to an incredible professional photographer, He has done work on Americas Next Top Model, and seeing my girls in print. It was fun while it lasted and who know maybe we'll try again someday. It was way fun!
I think this is from her first shoot.
This is from their last shoot they did in 2006.



Another picture of Olivia from the beginning.

11 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Those are gorgeous. I adore your girls and admire you putting them first!

Anonymous said...

i love those pictures! they are way cute!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Marsden 6 said...

Oh man, that was fun!

Cate said...

I love the pictures! They are beautiful!

Sara said...

I had no idea! That is so cool! These pictures are beautiful and priceless!

Kris, Andrea, Lacey, Mia, and Kannon said...

BEAUTIFUL GIRLS!

TheKeilShpeel said...

You do have some beautiful girls.

Unknown said...

What beautiful girls you have. :)
I remember seeing Olivia's picture in Target! So, so cute!

Brynnly and Alan said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE these pictures. You're girls are so beautiful and love their dresses too!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Yes you do have beautiful girls, they take after their mom!