Saturday, August 23, 2008

lights, camera, ICE CREAM!



So, living in So Cal definitly has its advantages. ICE CREAM! Who doesn't love ice cream? The entertainment industry is another one. I have alway been fascinated by it and living here lets me be a part of it. This past weekend they have been in our neighborhood filming the movie Stay Cool. It is a low budget film with Winona Ryder, Josh Holloway, Sean Vincent, Hillary Duff, and others. They have been filming all through the night with their huge lights and noisy monster truck and I guess wanted to make nice with the neighbors so there was ICE CREAM! They had kraft services pull up a huge ice cream truck and the neighbors could go get whatever they wanted for free! Who doesn't love free, don't things even taste better that way? You could order milkshakes, banana splits italian ice, anything. Olivia and I were the only two that went out to watch last night so we got to enjoy a blue rasberry italian ice, and softserve for me!

Thanks Kraft Services!
Okay so the ice cream wasn't the only thing that was exciting. We hung out and watched them film a fight scene over and over and over. I actually had to take Olivia home after the first take because I learned very quickly it wasn't going to be a PG movie, the language was not for her ears! Ok, not for mine either but I went back and watched anyway. My Mom and Dad came and joined us as well, good thing, they got ice cream too! Winona Ryder was in the scene and it was fun watching her work. Once I figure out how to delete the sound I'll post a video of the scene they shot. It was an exciting Friday night on our street!WINONA RYDER

The day started not that exciting. We picked up Isabella from school and took Olivia out early to take them to the dentist to have some cavities filled. Olivia has had it done before but it was Isabella's first time. Olivia is smart enough now that when they tell her they are going to squirt some cherry juice on her gums to numb it up, she is really getting a shot in her mouth. She did surprisingly well considering her total fear of needles. They ended up just pulling her molar instead of fixing the cavity because it was loose anyway. Isabella did great, she is such a brave girl. She just layed there completely relaxed. However it didn't go that well once we got home. As the numbness wore off she hated the feeling and was crying for a couple of hours and keep rubbing her chin that was bothering her. That is a wierd feeling when the meds start to wear off. Anyway, I held her, kept a cool wash cloth on her face hoping to help her feel better, but she ended up rubbing her little chin raw. It is actually scabbed today. My poor baby! Ian came along for the ride and did a great job sitting still and watching them thanks to fruit stackers. They are the greatest fruit snacks, it takes them forever to peel them and eat them. Yea for snacks!

9 comments:

Living on love. said...

HOW FUN! Totally jealous...that would have been so neat to see...plus you are right! WHO doesn't love FREE ice cream?! I don't envy having to deal with cavities and stuff...I have never had to deal with one myself and hopefully my kiddos don't either. I watched Jamie have work done on her teeth and it does NOT look exciting! Brave girls!

Cate said...

Free ice cream would have been awesome, it would have been fun to watch them film.

KickButtMommy said...

That is super cool! I want a free banana split.

The Marsden 6 said...

How fun!!! Will they still be shooting when I'm there? And hello, that picture of Bella Bug is so cute!!!

Brynnly and Alan said...

How cool is that?! I'm so jealous! I would love to have watched that. You are so lucky! And free ice cream. Wow! :)

Mandy said...

That's crazy how close you were to them...that you could hear dialog! Cool.

Allie and Reed said...

You can pretty much smooth anything over with free ice cream. How cool that they're doing that by your house.
Poor Bella! I don't love the dentist. I hope Jensen doesn't have those Edwards' teeth.

Allie and Reed said...

P.S. I love Ian's shirt!

Sara said...

That is so awesome! I totally want to see the movie now just to see your neighborhood! lol