Sunday, August 17, 2008
Millerton Lake
After an amazing first week of school we were ready to have some more fun. We just weren't ready to say goodbye to summer. Good thing for us the Calls had called and invited us to go boating with them for the day on Saturday. I was a bit hesitant being that it would be our last free Saturday until after Thanksgiving due to Sophie's swim meets and all of the soccer games but everyone else started jumping up and down as soon as I told them of the invitation. Who needs to get things done around the house anyway, it was our last Saturday free, so we took advantage and decided to have some fun! WE DID HAVE FUN!
Friday night after Sophie's soccer practice we headed to Clovis, it was a fast easy trip. We thought for sure we would sneak everyone in the house and off to bed, but oh no, everyone was too excited to be at Uncle John and Aunt Kristy's house. My kids are seriously confused about family, I in fact think it was Ian that started calling them aunt and uncle and it stuck! It is dang cute. We were up until about midnight playing rockband and games. Ian loves their dog Tea and had a great time with her.
Saturday we headed to the lake and had a perfect day on the perfect boat surrounded by the perfect people. Stan and Olivia both wake surfed for the first time and both did amazing. Of course, Stan got right up, hello, he is Stan the Man! But, my Olivia continues to amaze me. It looked like fun to her so she tried, she got up, and she surfed! I am in trouble with that one, a cute girl, who can do anything the boys can. Ugh! The boys are going to love her! We had fun with the tube and Sophie tried the wake board, it was a bit hard but she did amazing trying. Everyone loved jumping out of the boat and swimming whenever they got the chance. Ian even warmed up to it and actually smiled a few times! He is probably my most cautious, not afraid by any means, just cautious. Everyone got a turn at driving the boat and can I just say they had the greatest music ever! The weather was great too!
Not one of the kids made it very far in the car before passing out. They slept the whole way home, plus all took naps after church today. I think we may need to do this more often.
Thank you John, Kristy, Phillip, Jesse, and Dillon for an awesome day, for hanging out with us and showing us a great time. We loved it and appreciated it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
You guys have more fun!
They are so fun! Cute pictures!
You all do have a lot of fun. Great pictures.
that's where we had our family reunion one day. Too funny. Being out on the boat is the best. I didn't see any pics of the surf wake thingy we talked about today.. Maybe I dind't wait long enough on the slide show. So many great pics though.. you guys had tons of fun.
What a fun time! I love boating!
How fun! I love wakeboarding! One of us is going to have to buy a boat so that we can all go sometime soon. You talk to Stan, and I'll talk to Reed.
I wish we could have been there!!!
What a great day. Fun is better than getting stuff done anyday!
Post a Comment