Friday, November 21, 2008

Thanksgiving Feasts

I know my last post was Halloween but now we are on to Thanksgiving! I am officially over my blogging drought, I HOPE! Stan the Man has been out of town for seven weeks, and I guess by the time it is time to go to bed I am too exhausted to even think about blogging. When do I get my break is all I want to know! Is that a little resentment that I am detecting?
Well, this year I room mom for Sophie's 3rd grade class as well as Olivia's 5th grade class. Wouldn't you know they both have teachers who think kids are kids and need a little fun and a lot of parties hosted by room moms! Happy for them, crazy for me. Don't get me wrong if I didn't enjoy doing it I wouldn't. I love being involved at school and I love that my kids faces still light up when I walk into their classroom to help. I hear that doesn't last forever, so I want to take advantage as long as I can!
Zoe, SOPHIE, and Jessica waiting to dig in!



Wednesday 11/19, was Sophie's Thanksgiving Feast. Yes, feast! We had a couple huge turkeys (bless those families that volunteered to wake up early enough to have those ready), mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, green beans (which by the way I provided and have the greatest new way of cooking them, they are to die for good), rolls, jello salads, pumpkin pies, whip cream, hot apple cider!YUMMO! The third grade teachers were very impressed. I guess this is something they do every year and they said they have never seen one done so good, so I guess it was a success! the kids came back for seconds and thirds as well so it was enjoyed by all! The Third Grader recited a poem before we ate so I included that!


Here are some of the littles that got to come by default! Ian did a great job both days!
Scott, Gabrielle, Maggie, ISABELLA, and IAN!

Well, Wednesday wasn't enough I was back at the school on Thursday to do it again for the 5th grade. Olivia has the greatest teacher! Dr. Porter, doesn't the Dr. say enough? She is there because it is where she LOVES to be and loves to see children learn. She is incredible with the kids! She puts together a whole play that the class presents to the parents, yes parents. That means this feast wasn't for just 30 kids, it was for parents too. A feast for about 65!We had great parent participation and we didn't even run out of food! 3 huge turkeys, with everything that goes with it! Again a success! The play was darling. Olivia had more than one part, but I only uploaded one of them. She had everything memorized and just made me smile. I am so proud of my girls!


Well, when you have three kids at the same school and there is a holiday you are bound to miss out on something. My poor Bella Bug missed out on this one. The kindergarten made the darling pilgrim hats and collars and had a feast at the park that the parents were invited too. Since I was in 5th grade and Stan is absentee now days, my Bug was the kid with out anyone there for her. That makes me want to cry just writing it! I guess one of the downfalls of siblings, you have to share, I hope the other stuff makes up for it! So, no pictures of Bug in her cute hat and collar, maybe I can get her to wear it on Thanksgiving and I'll get a picture then.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

I loved Thanksgiving when I taught school. You did a GREAT job as room mom! I'm impressed. :)

Brynnly and Alan said...

You are such a good mom! You should feel lucky they love to see you at school. I think I started being embarrased in 1st grade. No lie! ;) Looks like a lot of hard work. Good job! :)

Sara LaClaire said...

olivia is a knock out. what a gorgeous family you've made!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures remind me of Thanksgiving at my school. Such good memories. You are awesome.

Jyll said...

Looks like fun and crazy for you! I can't wait to work in Aidan's classroom again. And I agree, take advantage of your kids loving it when you come because it won't last. And don't worry about the resentment thing. I keep reminding Rick once Curren is older and not attached to my you know what I'll be out there enjoying myself and my hobbies more:).