Saturday night, we were bored! I guess the Clarks were too because Andrea called and wanted to get together. We were so glad they did. We called Mom and Dad and headed over to Vincenzo's for some pizza and music. They actually had a gread blue grass band playing. I really have never found a pizza place that I love here. In San Jose we had Round Table(it doesn't taste the same here) or my FAV, Bogeys! I decided Saturday night that Vincenzo's is okay. Plus the kids love that they can fill up baskets of peanuts and just through everything onto the ground.
I don't know how it happened but it did, a boys table and a girls table. Here are the boys.
Isabella and Lacey were trying to break the world record for the most cracked peanuts!
We decided to head back to our house to play Ticket to Ride. An added bonus, I had made the BEST cookies that day so we had desert there waiting for us! Have you ever made Neimen Marcus Cookies? To die for!!!!!!! Make sure you have milk at home!
We put all of the kids in their jammies and put a TV back in Bella's room and told them lights out. We saw them a few times but they did surprisingly good and stayed put so we could play. Kristopher won, he is so dang competitive! But the evening was not without debating the rules. We were all interpreting them differently. So tell me, how do you play? If you keep all of your destination cards in the beginning can you ever get rid of them later on or are you stuck with them until the end? Same question for if you use a turn to pick three more. Do you have to decide right then which you want and discard right away or can you discard as the game goes on? Let me know how you play. We had quite the discussions over those dang destination cards. It was a fun night. I enjoy playing games, I don't know why we don't do it more often.
At the end of the night when we were done playing so were the kids.
Poor Mia wasn't even on the bed!
Neimen Marcus Cookies
2 c butter
4 eggs
We decided to head back to our house to play Ticket to Ride. An added bonus, I had made the BEST cookies that day so we had desert there waiting for us! Have you ever made Neimen Marcus Cookies? To die for!!!!!!! Make sure you have milk at home!We put all of the kids in their jammies and put a TV back in Bella's room and told them lights out. We saw them a few times but they did surprisingly good and stayed put so we could play. Kristopher won, he is so dang competitive! But the evening was not without debating the rules. We were all interpreting them differently. So tell me, how do you play? If you keep all of your destination cards in the beginning can you ever get rid of them later on or are you stuck with them until the end? Same question for if you use a turn to pick three more. Do you have to decide right then which you want and discard right away or can you discard as the game goes on? Let me know how you play. We had quite the discussions over those dang destination cards. It was a fun night. I enjoy playing games, I don't know why we don't do it more often.
Neimen Marcus Cookies
2 c butter
4 eggs
2 c brown sugar
2 c sugar
4 c flour
3 c nuts (I of course, omit those!)
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla
5 c bended oaatmeal
24 oz. chocolate chips
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1 - 8 oz. hershey bar grated
Cream butter, sugar, eggs. Add dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips, vanilla, and grated hershey bar.
Bake at 375 for 10 minutes.
8 comments:
Yep, you have to decide before your next turn if you are going to discard any, otherwise you have to keep them. If you think about it, it makes sense because if you keep them for a while then realize you can't build it, that's not fair, right? Same with drawing three new ones on a turn. You have until your next turn to decide to keep which ones, but in each case you have to keep at least one.
p.s. my husband and his brother in law are the biggest psychos about rules. they seriously read them to the t. its hilarious and annoying.
Oh yay, thanks for the recipe!!!
i look hilarius (i have not a sigle clue on how to spell any word unles it is a basic one)
love lipps
so funny about the rules! ooo, I want to make those yummy cookies!
We play the same way that KickButtMommy plays...which I think is the correct way. You guys should come up to the Bay Area again and we can have a Ticket to Ride Tournament.
We need to play when we come to CA, soon, I hope. What a fun night.
Post a Comment