Friday, May 8, 2009

Muffins with Mommy!

Today I was invited to "Muffins with Mommy" in Isabella's kindergarten class! Isabella was so excited she could hardly contain herself. She wanted to dress up and have her hair curled for the day. She had the hardest time not telling me everything that was going to happen, I guess they told her that it was to be a surprise! These small moments are some of the things that I love about being a mom! To see Isabella's eyes light up when I walk into her classroom. To want to color with me and sing me songs! I HEART my Bella Bug! I love seeing her at school with her friends and interacting with her teachers. I love that she wants to share it all with me! I pray it never ends! I pray that my children will always want to share their lives with me and want me to be a part of the things that they are involved in. I never thought that my heart could be so full! I love being a Mom and am thankful everyday that my Heavenly Father trusted me with these four beautiful souls to raise.

They sang us a lot of different songs and I loved everyone of them. I am such a sap, I got teary eyed listening! The songs however were not our only gift. They made a cookbook for us of their favorite recipes that their Moms make them. Here is Isabella's:
CEREAL
A little cup of caramel
As much as you want of sprinkles
Any kind of yummy stuff
Put them in the cereal. Put is on a little tray. put milk in a glass or cup or sometimes orange juice. That's it. Serves 1, but it can be shared.
Although my kids meal of choice is cold cereal, I think this came from us loving to have breakfast in bed. My girls are good at making breakfast and putting it on our bed tray and serving breakfast in bed to whoever is still sleeping. On the weekends, that usually ends up being me. At least I wasn't the kid that loved waffles the best, you take two waffles out of the freezer put them in the toaster and wait for them to pop! There was also a recipe that called for Sakai! Oh from the mouth of babes!
After presents and songs Isabella served me muffins and tea. Needless to say, I skipped on the tea but my bug and I enjoyed our muffins together!


Daddy Daughter Luau!
Isabella and I got to hang out this morning and then we spent the day in our pool. We have a boy in ward that is home for the summer and teaches swim lessons. Come to find out the pool he uses was closed for the day so called to see if he could use our back yard. My kids were thrilled, it was like having a pool party all afternoon. This evening while Ian, Isabella, Sophie, and I enjoyed Mia's dance recital Stan and Olivia were at Daddy Daughter Luau with the girls scouts. They enjoyed dinner, dancing, and lots of games. I guess they had a great DJ. They played one game where you had to guess the songs from TV shows. Stan got three of those, Teletubbies being one of them. He knew what it was the second he heard the baby laugh, all of our kids have loved those weird aliens.What is a luau without a hula hoop contest?
Here is Abby and OLIVIA during the hula hoop contest. They were going so long the DJ finally had them doing tricks. Here they had to do it while hopping on one foot. This one got the best of Olivia which was a big surprise to me because she usually out hula hoops EVERYONE! Not today Abby was the last girl scout standing!
And of course the big finish.......... THE LIMBO!
It sounds like they had a great night!

2 comments:

Kris, Andrea, Lacey, Mia, and Kannon said...

you are so good at keeping updated! I heart your bella bug too!

The Marsden 6 said...

Very cute! I love how Bella keeps checking to make sure you are still watching...AdOrAbLe!

I can't wait until I get to keep busy with all these kind of fun activities!

Keep 'em coming...