Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines Day!

Valentines Day at our house (thanks to a tradition started by my Mom) is all about breakfast together! We wake up in the morning to an amazing breakfast and some Valentine treats. Just a small token of our love!
Of course breakfast included yummy berries, heart shaped french toast, and our very favorite valentine candy, jolly rancher suckers!

Isn't your mouth watering just looking at it? We were all seriously so stuffed we went to 1:oo church without lunch. Good thing too because we came home hungry for our Cafe Rio salads that we had for dinner. Cafe Rio is even better when you make it at home!

Everyone loved opening and reading their valentines.

Everyone's was just perfect for them! Sophie even wrote a book as her valentine to the family! And Isabella, oh my Isabella, wrote the most beautiful letter ever to Stan and I. I'll have to post it later.I really loved the card we found for Isabella. It said....

There are two kinds of people in the world, you and everybody else! Sophie got the new Wii game, Just Dance. Isabella having just inherited Olivia's old DS got her very own game. She was so excited and has been playing it nonstop. It was the perfect game for her.Olivia also got a new game for her DSi. For those of you that have DS', the professor Layton games are awesome! This is her second one. You actually have to use your brain to play them. Olivia is quite good at them and it is fun when she needs help and wants us to play with her.Stan the Man playing with Ian's new batman plane. It hasn't been put down either. It even made it to church with us which by the way was a good thing because we forgot the church bag. Heaven forbid they have nothing to do and have to be reverent!I got Stan the most recent and updated book of Temples. If you don't know my hubby, he LOVES the temple. He has been to at least 60 of them. I am hoping he'll turn this book into somewhat of a journal and actually go through and write the dates of when he visited each temple and perhaps add pictures of his own.I was a lucky girl too! Because this is my blog, I don't have to put pictures of myself that I don't like, thus the pictures found online. Don't you love my sweatshirt from Vancouver. Stan had an amazing trip there this week. I'll have to have him hijack my blog and tell you all about it. And if that wasn't enough, one of my favorite perfumes. From all of my years working in cosmetics I have always had at least 6-10 different bottles of perfume on my dresser to choose from. Well, no more gratis, no more perfume. I was all out. Now I have one lonely bottle on my dresser (still trying to get used to that), but it is one of my favorites! Just in case you were wondering I also love Angel, Quelque fleurs, loulou, Calyx, Beach by Bobbi Brown, Cashmere, and Bulgari. And what is a holiday without decorated sugar cookies!

9 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Way to go on making the magic, Mama! It's beautiful.

Erin Bee said...

Wow! I can't let my kids see this. They'll expect something that I can't do. You're awesome. I love the sweatshirt. My kids got a bunch of books and were thrilled. They haven't put the books down. That's a good thing!

TheKeilShpeel said...

Awesome sweatshirt and I've heard that Just Dance game is so fun. You'll have to let me know. It sounds like a perfect Valentines.

Michelle said...

I need to come to your house for every holiday and learn from the best (that's you) on how to celebrate. I can't believe that Stan has been to 60 temples. Last week Stephen and I counted how many we'd been to and it was WAY less than 60 but we're working on it!

Jyll said...

Awesome! Can I be part of your family on Valentine's Day? It's like Christmas. And you're right, that french toast looked amazing!

Kris, Andrea, Lacey, Mia, and Kannon said...

everything looked perfect!!!

Brynnly and Alan said...

You are amazing! I might have to steal your tradition some day. ;) Of course it won't be as amazing as yours but maybe I'll steal the breakfast idea. And of course the cookies. What a fun tradition!

meg said...

I am totally serious when I say I don't think I've EVER seen such a yummy and sweet and fun and loving and HAPPY Valentine's Day!!! Way to go Kerrie (and Stan) - you are AMAZING :D

Eden said...

I love how all 3 of the girls have the same crazy just-woke-up hair do's. They're cute kids.