Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Happy Birthday my sweet baby BOY!

I fell in love with this boy the second I met him! What a surprise after three girls to actually have a son. I remember when I had him he came out facing me and I saw his parts even before the doctor, and yelled, "it's a boy!". The doctor turned him around, still upside down, and said, "he sure is!". Things only got better from there. His sisters and his Dad fell in love too. His first year was spent holding him way too much. Not because he had to be held but because we couldn't put him down. Yea, and we are still paying for that! Although I secretly love that he still likes to be cuddled and held.Why does it go by so fast and how do we bottle it up so we don't forget a thing? I love this picture of him on his second birthday.The day after his 3rd birthday we headed to Newport Beach for a family get away. It was amazing. This kid swims like a fish and is fearless! My four year old (okay, so 2 days ago he was still 3 when I took it) in a rare picure of him smiling. He likes to growl or do the hulk face for pictures!
Happy Birthday Ian! I hope you have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

This is a beautiful post about a beautiful boy. Everyone can tell how much each of you treasure Ian. That is a gift he will always appreciate.

Vanessa said...

Such a sweet post! I love that picture of you with him when he was born, I remember that picture sent out in an email like it was yesterday! 4 years, wow! Why does time have to go SO fast!

Jyll said...

So Sweet! Happy birthday Ian!

Grandma Utah said...

I get teary just looking at these pictures of this sweet boy that we absolutely adore. Thanks for having us for your happy birthday darling boy! Love Grandma

Brynnly and Alan said...

Happy late bday to Ian! I can't believe how big he is! He's such a handsome little guy!

meg said...

What an adorable post for an adorable boy! Such sweet photos and I especially *love* the one of you with newborn Ian - so precious! xoxo