Wednesday, November 17, 2010

One Holiday at a time.....

I figured since I changed my background to Christmas (which is so utterly against everything that I believe in) I better catch up after a very crazy month and blog about
HALLOWEEN!

Sophie as THE FASHION POLICE!


IAN as Wolverine




ISABELLA as a witch


OLIVIA as Tweedle Dee or Tweedle Dum, Halloween night I just called her Tweedle Bummed

With Halloween being on a Sunday this year it seemed to be the holiday that never ended. It started Thursday afternoon when Ian had his Halloween Party at school.
the girls in Ian's class literally can not keep their hands off of him. He is a ladies man.


Ian and his preschool class


Friday we started the day with another Halloween party for lunch bunch at Scott's house, sorry no pictures. Then on the the elementary school for a school party. I was making home made root bear for Isabella's class.


Did I mention it was scary hair day at school?
Sophie came by during her recess to help. Stan had not planned on going to the party. But I was unloading the car of all of my supplies and realised that all 10 lbs. of my dry ice was still in the shopping cart at Smart and Final. So being the hero he is he jumped in the car went and got my dry ice and dropped it off at the school. Once there, Isabella wouldn't let him leave. 
Love this picture of these two!
Isabella and her teacher, Mrs. Peoples.
 Me and my bug.

We really didn't have that much time between getting home from school and needing to get ready for our ward Trunk-or-Treat. Our ward always does an awesome job. It is dinner with a chili cook off, nope, I didn't win this year. There is also a cup cake walk and lots of getting of candy! My parents ward (that meets in our same building) had their trunk or treat the same night in the lower parking lot. So with our connection we got to hit up all the cars in their ward as well. Needless to say my kids came home with candy.
 Donatello and Wolverine
Allie (loved having the Marden's in town for Halloween) and Ian
 Isabella, Jillian, and Lacey
 Sophie, Katherine, and Shelby
Grandma passing out the goods.

Saturday night brought our annual Halloween party. We just didn't feel right about doing it on a Sunday so Saturday it was. The kids still dressed up but it was really just about hanging out with friends and eating good food and having our neighbors wonder if we were crazy and actually thought that Halloween was that day.
 Jessica, Kaiten, Olivia, and Finley
Allie and Ian roasting their hot dogs.
Stacy and Jeff Sanders
 Kim and Kiersten Devore with Charles.
Ian, Henry, and Scott ran and ran and ran some more.
What is Halloween without a scary movie on the garage?
Zoe, Sonora, Abby, Isabella, and Mickey

The weekend FINALLY ended on Sunday. By then my kids really weren't interested in dressing up yet again but they did. They had a great time passing out candy and taking turns opening the door to the throngs of trick or treaters that we get in our neighborhood. Ian couldn't stand it anymore so we gave in and did some trick or treating on our own (DON'T JUDGE). We had an awesome dinner and just enjoyed being together as a family as it was the Marsden's last night in town after a fun week. 
We definitely had an
EXHAUSTING


 Yet very very fun


HALLOWEEN!


4 comments:

The Marsden 6 said...

Hehehe, I love Olivia's picture!
What a fun week it was, glad we got to be there for it!

KickButtMommy said...

Tweedle bummed! ha ha. Oh the preteen angst.

Keri Bryant said...

I wanna be at YOUR house next year for Halloween. So fun, Ker.
Bisoux. Tu me manques~

meg said...

I am FINALLY catching up! Gosh, this was a GREAT post! What an awesome Halloween! I don't think I know a family that has more ongoing FUN all the time than YOUR family!!! :D