Thursday, January 20, 2011

No school, No work, and lots and lots of FRIENDS......

MONDAY
Thank you Dr. Martin Luther King for the day off of school. Not like we just had three weeks off, and two minimum days or anything. BUT, with 86 degree weather and friends here from out of town, it was a treat to not have any school for sure! Our friends, the Arbuckle's moved to Colorado over the summer. Kathy was a friend and 3 of her kids were the same age of mine. So, we all lost friends when they left. But, Kathy brought her three youngest to visit for the weekend. I do have to say Olivia was probably the most excited. She really misses Chloe! Before I get to Monday I must start with Saturday night, girls night out! We headed to BJ's and the little girls went malling. That is so scary to think I have a daughter old enough to go to the mall with her friends. Chloe, Olivia, Abby, Hailey, Finley, Kaiten, and Sidney were in heaven eating at the food court, and shopping. They feel so old when they have that freedom. I was secretly a little happy when we came to pick them up and they were all wet from PLAYING in the fountain. Not because they were being immature but because it reminded me that my daughter still is just a kid!
Andrea, Megan, Trisha, Kim, Sharon, Mindy, Lori, Shauna, Heather, Vicki, Kathy, Me, and Rochelle
After dinner we were so not finished visiting so ended back at the Almonds to talk some more. It was a fun night with grilfriends. I really do have the greatest friends. BTW, I can't believe that I am posting this picture because I look HUGE........... Ugh.


Abby, Hunter, Kaiten, Chloe, Hunter, Jay, Hailey, Olivia

 So, like I said before.... beautiful weather, no school equaled an AMAZING DAY at the park with friends.

Um.... YEA, this was a touchdown!


I just loved his face on this one, he was obviouly playing defense here.

 I had so much fun watching Ian play football. He loves sports. I am thinking he is amazingly athletic. I hope it isn't just a Mom thing and that it really is. One thing is for sure, he is fast, he has NO fear, and he likes to learn. Casey was so good to him and before each play would tell him exactly what he needed to do and Ian would do what he said. The boy can tackle, and he didn't care how much bigger they were than him.
Chloe and Olivia


It was a great day. Olivia had a great weekend with Chloe in town. She is a lucky girl, she has amazing friends. She really has never had friend issues and for her age I think that is pretty great. They all share the same morals and values as her and I am grateful for that. 

2 comments:

Becky said...

Kerrie...aren't friends the BEST?! And, I would not call you huge...you are "well-endowed":) Have a wonderful day in wonderful Southern California!!! I still miss it. Always and forever.

meg said...

Okay, I have to admit it. Looking at all of you adorable girls (yes, you MOMS, not the kids!)...... I feel old and lame - what hip young things you all are!!! FUN!!! :D