Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Cupcake Wars

There is a show on The Food Network called Cupcake Wars.
Isabella decided she wanted to have a birthday party completely based around the show. So we invited a few of her nearest and dearest and the Cupcake War was on.
We had lots of different toppings.
More sprinkles than one can imagine. Crushed graham crackers, chocolate cookies, and oreos. We had lots of homemade frosting that we could make any color, edible google eyes, gel frosting that you can write with, well you get the picture.
We had four categories. The first was anything to do with nature. The second was an animal. The third was a face, and the fourth could be anything that reminded you of the Birthday Girl! These are Isabella's cupcakes. I was amazed at how creative all of the little girls were.
We decorated cupcakes.
We opened presents and danced and threw all of the tissue and wrapping paper in the air. Why? I don't know, because they are 8 and do anything to make a mess and be loud. But it was her party so they partied!
Lacey, Livia, Elauren, Isabella, Maddie
Shaley, Brooke, Gabrielle, and Zoe
During the cupcake decorating one of the girls said, "This is so much fun, I could do this all day!"
I think the party was a success.
And, just to show off my new birthday banner made by my friend Kelsi.
Isn't it the cutest thing ever?!!!!!!

4 comments:

TheKeilShpeel said...

What a great idea for a birthday party. Looks like soo much fun.

KickButtMommy said...

We love that show over here. What a great idea for a party!

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

what a fun party! you sure know how to throw 'em! happy 8th to isabella.

{glad you like & won the banner too. it looks great in your house! ;)}

meg said...

Cutest party idea EVER!!! I think I want to have one someday too! It looks like everyone had a fantastic time - and I *LOVE* the banner Kelsi made! :)