Sunday, June 5, 2011

Kacy graduated!!

This is a picture of me on my wedding day holding my flower girl, my niece Kacy! What a lovely perfect day that it was! I also remember the day that Kacy was born. I was on my mission. I remember the morning (it was morning for me in France), I was living in Lens, my companion was Soeur Francis. We were having a work day with Soeur Moss and Soeur Schumm so they were there. My parents broke the rules, I broke the rules, they called to tell me my sister had a baby girl! I became an Aunt that morning in France and I'll never forget it. (By the way, I repented, I told my mission president everything. He forgave me). I only saw pictures the first year of her life. I tried to hold her at the airport when I got home. She screamed. She didn't like me, she didn't know me. I already loved her!
I think she likes me now.
Now she is the hot sexy one, and  I am the old not so skinny one. (which by the way is changing, me not her). I am so proud of her and so blessed that I have such an incredible niece that is a shining example to me. I don't know how my sister is going to say goodbye to her when she leaves for school because I know how much I am going to miss her and I don't even live with her (well, I guess close enough since we live across the street from each other). My kids have an AMAZING cousin
to look up to and for that I will forever be grateful to her. She is kind, she is honest, she is hard working, she is happy, she is talented, she makes good choices. She even has a cute boyfriend.
Kacy you are a great kid and..................
I LOVE YOU!!!
Olivia and Sophie, Stan and I went to Hart graduation. I loved that my girls were filled with anticipation waiting to see her enter the stadium. I loved how they screamed and cheered for her and were proud of her just like I am!
I'll be just fine if they follow in her footsteps. (secretly, I really don't doubt that they will)
Olivia was decked out in red and black for the occasion. It was good for Olivia to see her graduate with great grades and now get ready to leave for BYU-I.
She understands better why she works so hard at school.
In fact, can I just tell you how impressed I was this night? Not only with Kacy but with so many other youth from our church. All of the kids that finished with a 4.0 gpa or higher sat in their own section at graduation. There was probably 60 of them. I was in awe as over and over again I recognized the names being called as the youth from our church. These kids go to seminary every morning at 5:50am. They take AP and Honors classes. They play sports, are in band, show choir, track. They work. They are at all of their church meetings. These kids are AMAZING.  I am so proud of each and every one of them and the choices they make.

7 of these girls are the laurels (the name of their age group) that I have been working with this past year in our Young Women program. I had to have something for them to let them know how really truly and genuinely proud of them I am. My friend Rami, found this darling subway art and shared it with me. Isn't it cute! I love the things that we kind find on line!

Kacy want to be a doctor when she grows up. She wants to be a wife and a mom. I know she can be them all and will be awesome at all of them and most likely have a dang good time in the process.
CONGRATULATIONS
KACY!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Very very nice!

KickButtMommy said...

This totally makes me cry!

Emily and David said...

Way to go Kacy! I'm sure she will find the same success and more as she begins her college education! :)

meg said...

This post made me want to cry happy tears :) Kerrie, you expressed everything so beautifully. Kacy is truly the example for all her siblings and cousins - such a wonderful, wonderful girl :) Loved all these pics (gosh, what a gorgeous bride!!!) and am so proud of Kacy!!!

That subway art is adorable too!

xoxo