So, we are on a schedule, we do Thanksgiving every other year with our families. It was a Utah year, however, Stan's brother Reed wasn't going to be there because of school, he'll be there in January, so we figured it was more important to be there when the whole family could be together and driving to Utah twice in six weeks didn't sound fun with the four kiddos or very cost effective with Christmas around the corner. Plus we are so excited to be going again in February or March (do we have a date?) for the blessing of Erin and Todd's baby!
Well, Vern and Ruthie decided to come here and we are so happy that they did! It was fun to have them here for a holiday and we got Ruthie"s rolls for Thanksgiving dinner! We were delighted to have them! With the in-laws here, I hosted. The Morris' didn't go to Utah either as planned so we had them and my parents as well. Everyone brought something and it was delish!
Calli, Olivia, Abby, Kacy, Zoe, Sophie
Then we took off to Thousand Oaks and had dinner at CPK with the Nelsons and saw the movie BOLT! Being with great friends was a perfect way to end the week!
Tuesday night while I worked on prepping for Turkey day Stan and Vern helped the kids make gingerbread houses!
Ian, Stan, Ruthie, and Olivia
Wednesday, we decided to get out of the house and do something fun since we were on vacation! Everyone had a great time bowling! I think Vern took the first game and I took the second!
WICKED
Last January when I went and saw Wicked for the first time with Stan and Olivia, I regretted not taking Sophie. They had suggested an audience of 8 and older so decided against it. I have been promising her ever since that I would take her back. Tuesday night was date night for Sophie and I. We went and tried to get front row seats from the lottery, that didn't happen for us but we decided to stay and got tickets for half price. We ran into Jen and Chase there and were able to sit with them. It was a perfect night. I had to keep reminding Sophie she couldn't sing along. She already knew all of the songs and was so excited it would just start coming out! I love that show and am sad it is on its way out of LA! I hope to go one more time before it leaves! I am even tempted to take Isabella!
9 comments:
sounds like a great way to spend thanksgiving! the bird looks fabulous, way to go!
You guys have been busy and having fun.:) You are a bold woman for doing all that on Black Friday. Wow..
so fun for sophie!!! i love that show and joel really wanted to go while we were out there but that was last year's gift. ;D so good to see you the other night!!!
Hi Ian,
See in a few weeks. Ho Ho bring me a doll house and handy manny set. Ho Ho bring you?
Bye!
Love, Allie
Glad to see a new post! We miss you when you don't post.
Your turkey was bEaUtIfUl! Wish I could have eatten it with you!
I can't wait to see everyone is 21 days, WooHoo! But whose counting, right!?
Looks like a blast!!! Glad you had good holidays and great memories. I'll have to come down there for black friday one year...you guys are my kind of shoppers!
Sounds like such a fun week! I love that you do date night with your kids. We had that growing up and it was the best! I'm so jealous you've been to Wicked so many times. Still trying to go my first time! P.s. That turkey really does look amazing! I'm so impressed! :) Hope to see you guys when you come to town next. :)
Kerrie, how nice of you not to mention how poorly I bowled. Sophie beat me, but she did have bumper pads, next time I'm on that lane so watch out. Thanksgiving was so fun, thank you so much. The turkey was beautiful and yummy to boot, very flavorful. Ruthie
Post a Comment