Monday, October 12, 2009

Lombardi Ranch

Every year come October 1st we look forward to heading to Lombardi Ranch to get our pumpkins and play! It is a family owned farm that each fall they put on quite a production. There are all the pumpkins you could ever imagine, animals, petting zoo's, train rides, mazes, scarecrow ally, trucks and pumpkins to climb on, yummy food, just tonz of family fun!
Our family pumpkin rule is if you can pick it up, carry it, and get it in the wagon yourself you can have it. Usually that means they find the biggest (which also means the most expensive) pumpkin they can find. It is like a challenge to them. This year it wasn't like that at all, they just looked for pumpkins they liked. I always remind them that the cooler the stem the cooler the pumpkin. They all didn't buy it, I tried.
Olivia's pumpkin is a cool shape and has a cool stem!Sophie did have a hard time getting hers in the wagon.Isabella is still convinced hers was the best pumpkin at the patch!
Ian boy had fun, he ran the whole time we were there. He couldn't get enough of it and had so much fun!
All of them trying to escape jail. I need one of these at my house!
How did they end up in the police truck?
Fire truck fun!

The cows were so funny. They would MOO until you pet them. Isabella was a bit nervous.
Ian loved loved loved the horse!
Just playing around......
Queen of the mountains! Olivia and Isabella
Okay, a side note... I remember the days I would have picked out their clothes, made sure they matched and done their hair with bows to go to the pumpkin patch.. UUMMmm. You can see that didn't happen today!
Stan and his Ian boy walking through scarecrow ally!

Ian, Isabella, Sophie, and Olivia on the train ride.
Stan and I on the train ride. He even looks happy doesn't he? He wasn't too happy about spending $24.oo to go on a 5 minute train ride around a bunch of sunflowers. But I was there pointing out that we do it once a year and the kids wanted the train ride, why not?! We had a great afternoon and finished off the evening decorating our front porch with hay and cornstalks and pumpkins before heading to Wahoo's for dinner.
Bring on the FAll, We are ready!















12 comments:

Kim said...

That's a good pix of you two! Me

Mandy said...

I love that place. :)

(Did you get my email awhile back? I hope you didn't think I was ignoring you! I could have sworn I answered...)

TheKeilShpeel said...

Can't wait to go. Looks like so much fun! What a fun fam you have. :)

The Marsden 6 said...

Cute pix! Looks like fun was had by all. You got some great pix of the 4 kids all togther. What a cute bunch of kids they are!? I miss them!!!

KickButtMommy said...

What great pictures you got! Luckily it was an overcast day!

Grandma Utah said...

I love the pumpkin patch, wish we could have come, it is a fun fall family activity. Thanks for the pictures.

Eden said...

Way fun! I love all the kids' expressions in the back of the police car.

Becky said...

You ALL look so happy! I love that! Years ago when we lived in Newhall, we took William and Christine to that same pumpkin farm.

Kerrie said...

Msndy, I did get your email, I have just done nothing. And Ruthie...of course you can come, you are always welcome!

Sara LaClaire said...

fun! it's been at least 2 years since we've been.

Brynnly and Alan said...

Great pics! What a fun tradition. You guys always do the most fun activities!

meg said...

Oh my gosh, it's been YEARS since we've been to Lombardi's....... okay, next year we're going to go anyway - it was so fun to see all those old, familiar things!

AND YOU GUYS ARE SO ADORABLE!!!!!!!!

Megan xoxo